Tuesday, December 17, 2013

SOS131: one color!

yes, that's right, we're in the mood for monochrome* at shopping our stash this week. in fact, we're sooooo in the mood** that this challenge will run for an entire fortnight, so you've got plenty of time to get in on the fun! you could make some thank you notes, get ahead on january birthdays, or maybe make one more xmas card? totally up to you! i made one more xmas card. see?

(patterned paper: my mind's eye, dcwv, reminisce; super-old velvet paper that i wish, wish, wish i had more of: sei, chipboard frame: my mind's eye; sentiment banner and ribbon: recollections; ink: colorbox; adhesives: staples brand gluetape runner, 3m foam tape, sewing machine)
once again i decided to use the rather awesome sketch from unscripted, and when i went over there to grab it, imagine my surprise and delight to find that this pair of cards got a shout-out from those lovely ladies, for which i thank them!


and now i know you're longing to see what my amazing SOS teammates have got up to this week, so off you go, darlings, to check it out! ♥

*you may also incorporate neutrals in your monochromatic palette.
**oh yeah, and completely coincidentally, it's also christmas next week, lol! :) :) :)

11 comments:

  1. I love your monochromatic beauty!!!!

    Thanks so much for my fun happy mail! I can sit and stare at your creations for hours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Red is hard to do in monochromatic, but you have pulled it off nicely! Your focal grouping is just fabulous, Lauren, and the mix of papers is "Choice".
    Wonderful interpretation of the sketch. Very nice work!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  3. VERY pretty! Thanks so much for playing along with US this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous! I too have a teeny smidge of velvet paper that I'm hoarding :) Good for you, using it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is BEAUTIFUL, Lauren! Way to coordinate all of those pretty reds :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your ability to put things together just floors me. This is beautiful. And I also happen to love the merry xmess!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous card - love your take on the sketch! Thanks for playing at US!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have certainly rocked the reds here! I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful take on the sketch! So many details, I need to stare at it some more to catch it all!
    Thank you for playing along with us again at Unscripted Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! I love all the layers and the stitching!

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~