Sunday, October 12, 2008

...sketchy...

EXTRA sketchy, that is!

as usual, i was totally impressed and inspired by this week's challenge at 2 sketches 4 you...and i planned use it to make an anniversary card for my cousin tom and his wife...UNTIL...i saw the extra "bonus" sketch by 2S4U design team member carla peicheff :


it's got scallops...and swirls...and space for an artisan label...how *ME* is that?!? (hint: it is very very me indeed!) see:

(patterned paper: basic grey, 3 bugs in a rug, vintage ledger; chipboard artisan label & butterfly brad: autumn leaves; diecut felt: queen & co; cardstock swirl: basic grey; cardstock heart: heidi grace; sequins: doodlebug; letter stickers: basic grey, making memories; other: foam tape, colorbox inks, scrap of ribbon)

i took the precaution of printing this baby out, since i have the feeling that i will want to use it again...at this rate, my inspiration binder is going to need a "volume two"!!! :)

9 comments:

  1. Do you get bored of my saying 'Very pretty'? Because I don't get bored of saying it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did the same sketch yesterday ... we were stamping together and didn't even know it ... you do flourishes much better than me I do think ... wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that sketch too! Carla is super talented...and very nice!! I have it sitting on my desk to play with...just not enough hours in a day :)
    The card is, of course, stunning!!! I love that diecut felt...mmmmm yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM!! *THIS* is what i'm talking about!! lol! Look at all the fabulous goodies on this card! A girl after my own heart, absolutely *GORGEOUS*!! Thanks so much for trying out my sketch and linking me up!! LOVE it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful. I love how you transformed the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You no doubt take the sketch and make it your own! Beautiful. You might have even inspired me to dust off my scrap table and give it a try (I did say "Might.")

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! Such a beautiful color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lauren your card is `delicious` baby:)~X~

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~