Friday, August 10, 2012

oh christmas sketch! ♥

this fortnight we are very proud and excited to present a first in the history of ♥JINGLE BELLES♥, our own amazing stephanie has drawn us an utterly beautiful, uber-flexible sketch to use, and since i know you're going to want to get going on it right away let me just quickly show you my own card:


(patterned paper: basic grey, crate, daisy d's; glitter letters and stick pins: making memories; florals: petaloo, prima; holly leaves and (recolored) bling: recollections; chipboard: my mind's eye, basic grey; snowflake diecut: october afternoon; distress inks: ranger; adhesives: staples gluetape runner, 3m foam tape, gluedots, sewing machine)

and now before you panic and think, "oh noooooooooooo, it's MAXIMALISM WEEK!!!" let me show you the actual sketch, which i think you'll agree is fabulous, and can be as clean and simple... or as dressed up and blingy... as you like:


i went with dressed up and blingy, go figure! :) ok, yeah, there's a whooooooole bunch of stuff on here, but i think it works. what can i tell you, i have what leslie calls, "the collage gene"... and i'm not afraid to use it, lol!!! 


but if ♥YOU♥ prefer something a little more pared down, or even a lot more pared down, GO FOR IT! then come over and link it up with us at jingle belles before wednesday, august 22nd!

14 comments:

  1. WOW!! This is stunning. Those flowers are gorgeous and arranged so beautifully

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh! This is luverly! Fab sketch ... and I really like all the add on in your card

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, fab sketch by Steph! I love it and your take on it too...yep you have the collage gene :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl, when you make cards like this one every week should be maximalism week. I absolutely and completely and utterly l.o.v.e. it!!! (And I don't care how redundant that sentence is. I wanted to make sure you knew how much I adore this card.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! The cluster with the bird looks fab! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Festive, you are putting me in the mood. xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous! I need to make sure I do this one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Laureen, this is just WOW!!!! Love the little bird tucked in there too. So very beautiful!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great take on the sketch - hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup again this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/08/52-card-pickup-week-32.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is stunning Lauren! How can you pile up a lot of things on one part of the card without it looking stuffed? You have a gift of arranging everything to perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yep, you've got it! Dang, all my loaded-up cards just look cr@ppy, while yours are STUNNING! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am in absolute LOVE with this and I'm so very glad you have a collage gene, too.... I keep wondering when "layering cards up with a whole bunch of goodness" will come back into vogue? Maybe then I will be a FAMOUS, WORLD-RENOWNED paper crafter! ;) Except, that you will beat me to it! ;) LOLOL! This is gorgeous, I really love the layers and that flower is stunning, the colors are so awesome, too :) big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely as always. I really like Steph's sketch. Straight and clean, but workable to go anywhere w/ it. Love the clustering.

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~