Tuesday, August 21, 2012

another fabulous "make your own challenge"...

...at shopping our stash this week, but this time, it's a bit sketchy:

Challenge 65: Sketch Challenge! 
 Use any sketch you can link to; it can be an old one you never got around to doing, or a current one; just link to it in your post!

well, this was a no-brainer for me, since we're in the last few days of the prompt which features stephanie's  gorgeous sketch at ♥JINGLE BELLES♥ i just couldn't resist having one last go at it!

(patterned paper: basic grey, october afternoon, daisy d's, imaginisce dcwv; florals: we r memory keepers, petaloo, prima; brad: my mind's eye; adhesives: staples gluetape runner, 3m foam tape, sewing machine)

here's another look at the lovely sketch in question, in case you've got a hankering to make a holiday card with us this week, the prompt runs through wednesday night; then our new one (which is also ♥FUN♥!) starts on friday:


i've got a mix of really old and pretty new stuffs here, i've also mixed in the current opus gluei challenge (it's #137, for those of you scoring at home!) it's called "red hot" and the brief is to use red + one other color, for which i've chosen white! and yes, for the record, i'm calling bright white, off white and cream all "WHITE" for the purposes of this card! :) :) :)

why not stop over at SOS, help us welcome our lovely new DT members, and see all of the amazing inspiration the team has made! then find a sketch you love and get started on your own card!

18 comments:

  1. Fabulous! Love the red! Another beautiful take on the sketch!

    ps. I meant to thank you for all the kind words in your last posting...you really are a sweetie!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOWSERS!!! This just just out of the computer at me! Stunning and so beautiful. Love all that red - yes, gorgeous.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another wonderful card. I really need to get on the ball and play along.. Its a great sketch..

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I *love* all the flower layers - too fabulous mixing all the reds (and whites) together :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lauren - This card is amazing! I love all the reds you used and how your circle from the sketch became the flower. It still follows the sketch but with an artistic flair! You are one amazing ar-teest!
    Blessings,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Love the lushness of it! (is that a word? ) Just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. dang, woman, you've done it again! Love the dark pink (heh heh it is dark pink, right?)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Look at you rockin' the big bold bloom ... another fantastic sketch design.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woot! Woot! (I've been wanting to say that.) This is so elegant, I wish I had friends who make such cool red hot Christmas cards as you do. (sigh) Thanks for joining us at Opus Gluei for this challenge, when I saw your name, I hurried right over here, and I'm not disapponted!

    ReplyDelete
  10. SOOOOOooooo pretty, Lauren! It is red hot and another great card using Stef's wonderful card sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty card, the flower is so pretty. I love how you handled the sketch. thank you for joining us at the Opus Gluei with this Red Hot card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. such a great card! I really love what you did with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Lauren! Great sketch and I love your take on it. The big flower is just gorgeous! Love all the red...SO Christmassy!
    Sandie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry it took forever for me to come over and comment. That said, WOW, as always, WOW. You blow me away with your creativity, Lauren. I mean it, you have such a great eye for composition (okay, I know it was a sketch) but still, your take on it is fantastic. Then you add just the right embellishments to take a design from nice to terrific. Love love love this.

    Thank you for coming back to OG and playing along with us. I always smile to see you're participating.

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~