who writes these??! is somebody actually EMPLOYED to do it or is the very existence of such memes the answer to the question, "whatever happened to rona barrett?"* however, this is quite an interesting one, that i've never seen before, with some thought-provoking questions; mine came via email, but decided to post it here, in case anyone wants to play along. (if you do, leave me a link to your answers...i'd love to read 'em!)
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
first name no, middle name after my aunt judie
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
two weeks ago when my step-dog, missy died. (i did a fair amount of WHINING last week ahout my back, tho!)
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
it gets the job done...& aesthetically...it's growing on me
4. WHAT iS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
liverwurst (which i eat MAYBE twice a year as it's so bad for ya!)
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS?
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
i dunno...i'm kinda of high maintenance!
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT?
sarcasm??! MOI??! perish the thought!!!!!!!! ;)
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS ?
ummm...yeah...i think they are around here somewhere...not sure i could find them in a hurry though...
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? HAhahahaHAHAhahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHhahahaHAHAhaHAhahahaHA!!!!!!!
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
oh wow, there are LOTS...maybe those maple-flavored frosted mini wheats...or captain crunch...
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?
no way--wimp city!
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?
there is a graham-cracker-flavored one that a local shop has very VERY rarely! in terms of mass market i would pick haagen-daz "sticky toffee pudding"
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
i s'pose it depends on the person...but i think mostly it's their demeanor; i am always on the lookout for someone i think is going to "be trouble" in some way...especially at work...
15. RED OR PINK?
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
how long do you have?!?!? :) weight is right at the top of the list, though!
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
wow. that's really hard. probably a tie between my mom-mom and jeff's poppa, leaning towards poppa b/c he lived close to us and we saw him so much and he was jeff's best friend. on the other hand the person for whom i *mourn* the most is my nephew who died of SIDS in 2000; i don't think anyone in my family will ever really get over that.
18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU?
sure, anyone who feels like it and has time!
19. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
i'm still in my pjs, actually! :)
20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE?
an apple w/peanut butter last night (i've only had coffee so far today)
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
the fan in the window next to me
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?
i'd be BLACK so i could OUTLINE EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!
23. FAVORITE SMELLS?
mmmmmmmmmmmmm...bacon is nice...and chocolate and bread baking... (ok, apparently i AM getting quite hungry for breakfast!)
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
i think it must've been the woman who takes the orders at the mexican restaurant, last night!
25. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS?
oh yeah!!!!!!!! (it was my friend, diane, whom i've only just re-connected with after a couple of years of losing touch!)
26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
none, i'm SO not sporty; i'm probably the only person alive who didn't see ANY of the olympics!
27. HAIR COLOR?
natural=brown with an increasing amount of grey; un-natural=darker brown with blondish highlights...THIS week!!!
28. EYE COLOR?
29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
yeah...i'm too chicken to get LASIK
30. FAVORITE FOOD?
pretty much ALL of them! :0 (see question #16)
31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
many of the movies which have happy endings ARE scary to me, in an artistic sense!!! :)
32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
harry potter 4, which jeff was watching on tv the other night
33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING?
b&w stripey pajama shirt
34. SUMMER OR WINTER?
can i get SPRING?!? ok, EARLY summer, before it gets too hot, when there are still lots of pretty flowers and things!
35. HUGS OR KISSES?
36. FAVORITE DESSERT?
37. MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND?
i can never tell. it depends how busy everyone is on the day, i think
38. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND?
39. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?
"eat pray love" by elizabeth gilbert, to whom i owe an apology for thinking her book would be totally self-indulgent and frou-frou! (& it is a BIT...but she has such a good sense of humor you forgive her!)
40. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
my *MOUSE*, duh!!!!!!!!!! :)
41. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON T.V. LAST NIGHT?
jeff's favorite show: 5 minutes of EVERYTHING!
42. FAVORITE SOUND?
music, i s'pose (of MY choosing!) or jeff on the phone or the nieces when overheard playing & talking to each other
43. Rolling stones or Beatles?
44. FARTHEST YOU'VE BEEN FROM HOME?
45. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?
i can tell exactly what size tupperware is required for any given amount of leftovers. yeah. heady stuff. but don't worry--it's a gift i've solemnly sworn to use only for good and NEVER for evil! :)
46. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
47. WHOSE ANSWERS ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO GETTING BACK?
48. WHAT TIME IS IT NOW?
8am(ish) (i know--what kind of time is this to get up onna SATURDAY?! SHEESH!!)
*rona barrett was an american gossip columnist in the 1960's & 70's and was, i think, one of the first to transition from print to tv. bear in mind this was pre-cable and waaaay before shows like "entertainment tonight" were even around; at one point i think she had a barbara-walters-interview-style of tv show (BEFORE barbara walters was doing such a thing) in which she would ask celebrities the most intricate, random, nosey questions you could possibly imagine.. as a 10 or 12 year old child i was FASCINATED by this phenomenon! (if no one else does, tracy will remember rona barrett!)