Wednesday, August 4, 2010

i was going for "clean and simple"

so obviously this week's scheme by diana over at sketchy thursdays was just the ticket:


of course it is possible that brilliantly clean and graphic sketch notwithstanding, i may have overshot the mark just slightly:

(patterned paper: creative imaginations & sei + handmade paper from pearl paint; letters: american crafts; epoxy heart stickers: sticko & recollections; crown chipboard: maya road; crystal frame: prima; ink: prima; adhesives: tombow monorunner, 3m foam tape, sewing machine)


in retrospect, i suppose a highly ornate curlicued frame made entirely of rhinestones (yeah, i know, they look DARK--but they're clear crystals) doesn't exactly scream "minimalist" does it? hmmmmm. i should probably make a note of that. :)

admittedly, it's not what i was going for, but i kind of like it...and i think we can be fairly certain that the recipient will not get *TWO* of these babies, eh?! ♥♥♥

12 comments:

  1. Love this!!!! How'd I know you'd rock a great card from this sketch?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL...it's lauren's CAS....such a fabbie, blingy, girlie card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is totally CAS for a lovely Lauren-y card. Love the stitching, rhinestones, and pink....so very YOU :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES... Me LIKE... Very CAS Lauren style... ;-)... Lots of beautiful Lauren details....

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok, for some reason my comment didn't seem to post...if it posts twice i apologize!

    i am so glad you love the sketch (which, ahem, is mine, lol). you always rock the sketches and turn them into awesome cards!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!! I loveeeeeeeee this!!!!! Thanks sooooooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  7. CAS? Nope! But totally blinged out and *very* Lauren-y? Absolutely! :) Plus, very, very cool! Definitely one of a kind! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE it , this would be so fun in the entrance of our craftrooms!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's so sparkley. LOVE it. This should be framed and placed above the door to my Studio (calling it that now, cuz it sounds more artsy - LOL) Not that I have a door to my studio, but if I did...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am the luckiest friend ever to get to have this very awesome (very lauren) card all for me!!!!

    I've been collecting the cards that you make for us LB and I think it's high time to start framing and displaying them. I just don't know if I can find frames that will do them all justice!!

    I love this card and really like the bling. I may like minimalist things in my daily life, but birthdays (and every other holiday) are all about the sparkle. (Have you noticed the little ones clothes? I'm taking my sparkle and color out on her. Poor thing - she'll probably end up hating pink!!!!)

    Ta Very Much!!!

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~