Tuesday, August 10, 2010

heart the art: week 32 (tell yourself)

for this week's HEART the ART prompt, gina has invited us to tell ourselves something...an affirmation, a wake up call, whatever...as she puts it, "a message from you to you"! i decided to give myself a bit of much needed advice:

(monsta stamps: tyggereye art; patterned paper: prima, my mind's eye, love elsie, scenic route, basic grey + vintage map & vintage ledger paper; chipboard letters: heidi swapp; alphabet rub-ons: making memories; palm tree sticker: frances meyer; adhesives: uhu gluestick, tombow monorunner, 3m foam tape, sewing machine)


as i've mentioned before, i am a figure of some repute amongst worriers. it is (i feel) my worst (but far from ONLY) fault. i come by it honestly: my mom is a worrier, my aunt is a worrier, my sister is a worrier; it's what we do. i'd like it to be something i do A LOT LESS. i'm workin' on it. as you can see, in this endeavor, mick-n-keef* are here for me. thanks, lads! ♥


*the one-of-a-kind monsta stamps gina carved for me last year. you cannot buy them, but she has lots of other awesome stamps in her etsy, and yeah...she takes custom orders! :)

7 comments:

  1. Love it!! Its great to see the hand carved stamp monstas!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This just makes me smile!!! LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just fabulous! I am a worrier too so is it ok to share the message on this with you???? Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this Lauren. Gina's handcarved Monsta is looking good. Not worried at all ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are wise to listen to the monstas. They will not mis-guide you. Love your page. And Gina is one talented lady.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the cute little dudes in the front! so cute! fab prompt!

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~