Saturday, April 10, 2010

more luscious prima goodness

this time i've used shanna vineyard's gorgeous bonus sketch from 2 sketches for you:


(i had hoped to be posting this in addition to a card made from laura's sketch #49...but i ran out of time this week! )

the other night when i made the sketchy thursday pocket card, my plan was to cut some of the butterflies from the "flights of fancy" paper and place them in the diecut "window"...but then i found that sweet bird rub-on & went that way, instead. now i've come back to my first idea, and turned it into an anniversary card for my aunt and uncle.

(patterned paper: prima, love elsie, basic grey; chipboard word: ek success; florals: prima + vintage sprig dyed w/glimmermist; label die: nestabilities; border punch: fiskars; lace: making memories; glitter glue: stickles; other: sewing machine; adhesives: tombow monorunner, 3m foam tape, gluedots)


i am down to my last few "inspirables" chipboard words by ek success, and it is bumming me out big time that they do not seem to make 'em anymore! i bet i have bought half a dozen packs of those over the years, they are just *SO* practical! they're exactly the right size for cards...self-adhesive...in a decorative but readable cursive font...and self-adhesive! they're made of glossy chipboard, in sort of "usefully neutral" colors; but are easily altered with paint, ink or even a sharpie! bye-bye, lovely word art...i shall miss you!


so what obscure but vital papercrafting products do *YOU* mourn the loss of?
(tell, tell!)

14 comments:

  1. Sigh!!! I'm just basking in the loveliness of this card and your genius!! I'm mourning the loss of the word art if I can't see it on your fantabulous cards anymore. waaah! I know your cards will still be GENIUS though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another beautiful one! I love all your detail, it is so well put together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card! LOVE those butterflies! Thanks for playing along at 2S4Y! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So gorgeous! Love this Lauren. Those butterflies are a perfect for the anniversary card. I totally smell Fab 5 for this one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm...this is such a deliciously nummy vintage-y treat of a card. Can't really decide what I love more--the wonderful edge treatment or the oh so ready to take flight butterflies. Beautiful work, as always. (Thanks for your kind comments on my humble little blog--meant the world to me!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a jaw dropping beauty, Lauren!!!!!! LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sam's Club stopped carrying the six-pack of 3-M adhesive runners. That's been my go-to affordable adhesive for years ... it's not that it isn't available, it just isn't available as inexpensively. This card absolutely rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello... beautiful card!!
    Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a truly beautiful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card Lauren. I've not been around in the craftworld long for a very long time so I'm not using anything yet that is not on the marked anymore. But I do have a really serious look on the internet for som beautiful Heidi Swapp alphabeth that is no longer available in the stores.Luckily I have got my hand on some others (handwriting)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh boy.....this is drop dead gorgeous!!! Is that the saying....looks weird now that I've typed it. I grew up in a household that didn't use sayings like that...or any sayings...

    You know what? I can't seem to think of anything that I mourn the loss of....hmmmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card, Lauren! Love this sketch -- haven't used it yet, but maybe this week, even though it'll be "late".

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my, I am swooning here! So, so beautiful! Who knew I would love pale green and burgundy together so much, but I do, I really do!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love love love this card! The amazing butterflies, the flowers, the papers, the WORD! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~