Saturday, May 26, 2012

that's shoe biz!*

ever since miss stephanie joined the DT at unscripted sketches, i've been wanting to join in on the fun over there... it's EMBARRASSING that it took me this long, but better late than never, right?! i'm just glad i've got what i think is a pretty cool card for sketch #159:


(vintage: buckle and ribbon; patterned paper: prima, basic grey, graphic 45, sassafras, fancy pants, hambly; rose: prima; stamp: unity; ink: stewart superior + colorbox; adhesives: tombow monorunner, 3m foam tape, glue dots, sewing machine) 

oof, i almost forgot to show you the sketch:


my color palette--and the floral shoe, for that matter--both come from the inspiration photo for colour q #138:


when i saw it, i just happened to have a leftover bit of the flowery paper from which my shoe is made sitting on my desk, and i realized it not only had ALL of the colors of the palette, it actually resembled the fabulous shoe from which the colour q gang was taking inspiration. and then i realized i still needed a card for MY favorite shoe-freak-- my sister amie-- whose birthday is next month; so i thought i'd have a go. i grabbed a photo of a high heeled pump from a google image search and printed it out to use as a template, then cut each bit out of a different patterned paper, like you do when paper-piecing a stamped image. then i added the mats, ribbon, buckle and a fun stamped sentiment to flesh out the unscripted sketch, did a bunch of machine stitching... et voila!

at the very end i thought it still needed ONE MORE THING... so i added that big prima bloom... which lets me sneak into city crafter's "a rose is a rose" (challenge #106) though not quiiiiite in the way i had intended, so i'm hoping i'll still have time to pursue my original idea for that one, as well. in the meantime, i bid you a fond farewell, sole sisters**!!! :)

ps: if you haven't entered the drawing for my blog candy, scroll down to this post and leave a comment!

*sorry, worst title EVER! 
**on the other hand, that ending line TOTALLY puts the title into proportion, doesn't it?! :)

16 comments:

  1. Love the card Lauren and I love the shoes too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that shoe!!! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun card. Love how you combined so many fun papers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card! Too cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always say a girl can't ever have enough shoes! LOVE this - so pretty and really like that flower and flowered paper too!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh she is going to LOVE it...such a fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! I think you did a great job with the sketch and with the colors. I always look through my pp and can never find any that has all the colors needed..lucky you for finding this. Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Now that's my kinda shoe!! Fabulous creations Miss Lauren ... Loving the rose ... thanks so much for playing along at CCCB

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful shoe, Lauren, lovely card!Thanks for joining in the fun with us this week over on the CQC.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now tell me who carry that, I so want it!!!! : )

    That is absolutely the sweetest thing, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really love this card - it's so fabulous!!! Thanks for playing at the Q!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW!! I am loving this card. That is one good look shoe. I really does look amazing..

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my word, that floral shoe is magnificent ... thanks so much for joining me at Unscripted Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOWZERS!! Doesn't get better than this!!! LOOOOOOVE!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations :) Love your card :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. the shoe absolutely rocks. Wow this is amazing girl! :)

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~