Friday, July 22, 2022

It Don't Mean a Thing...

...if it ain't got some BLING! Because at Jingle Belles, we're still "Blinging on the Holidays" with our special crafty crossover challenge with the lovely ladies on the Double Trouble Challenge Blog. Which means you can make ONE (new, blingy, holiday) CARD and link it up at both sites... with a chance of a fun little prize at each!


Here's my card for this week:

I'd been trimming up papers from Photoplay's North Pole Trading Co line for a Christmas in July class I'm teaching at Paper Anthology next weekend, so I had lots of weirdly sized little strips of pretty paper -including metallic gold and glittery red- and whenever that happens, I tend to want to use them to make backgrounds like this one I did a few years ago. For a focal point I used the round tag (and one of the cut-outs) from Pinkfresh Studio's Classic Tags with Fillable Elements die set to make an ornament from a scrap of older red moire paper. I backed it with Copper Non-Shed Glitter Paper adorned with Eyelet Outlet Pearls, and an oversized red Pearl Brad; dangling from a Champagne Bling Strip hung on my Tim Holtz Holiday Greens Thinlits.

Be sure to visit  Jingle Belles to see what Stephanie has made this week; then remember to link up your own card on the "Bling on the Holidays" post AND also at the Double Trouble Challenge Blog.

4 comments:

  1. Lauren, great use of patterned paper and glitter scraps in creating your beautiful background. The ornament is perfect against this background and love the bling on it. Reminds me of my Grandmother's old bulbs so decorative. Don't forget to share your card at Double Trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren, what a gorgeous Christmas card!!! I love how you've created the herringbone background with holiday paper scraps, and hung your beautiful ornament from the pine bough!! Thank you so much for partnering with us at Double Trouble this month, and for sharing your creative talents with us!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Lauren! The background is perfect to showcase the pretty ornament. Thank you for playing along with us at Double Trouble #116.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOH! so pretty!! I love all the elements you added! Especially the BLING! So glad we could partner up as we've had so fun at Double Trouble with this one! Thanks for entering your card in our gallery :)

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~