Monday, July 4, 2022

It's a Fourth of July Mandala Monday...

...and here's an ICAD round up as we hit the midpoint of our 61-day index card art journey. Here are the week's cards, in reverse order:

Day 34: Mandala Monday
Three or four older gel prints, cut into mandala-friendly shapes, stuck together, outlined and doodled upon; with a background of torn and inked vintage paper.

Day 33: Quatrefoil or Ogee
I thought this pattern of punched circles and hearts would assemble into a more traditional quatrefoil pattern, but... not so much, lol. But ICAD is about experiments, so I'm rollin' with it!

Day 32: Sky
At first glance, the connection to the prompt is not blindingly obvious; until you realize that I was going for a sort of Zendoodle Kite type of thing. Ok, as it turns out, even at second glance, the connection to the prompt isn't blindingly obvious! :)

Day 31: Postmark
Stephanie found the most remarkable and lovely collection of vintage trading stamps and sent me a whooooooole bunnnnnnnnnnch! I'm in collage heaven!

Day 30: Magical
Does a rainbow whirlpool swirl qualify as magical? Well, it does to me, lol!

Day 29: Neon
Remembering my brother's tropical fishtank years, I recalled a fish called a Neon Tetra. Went looking for a pic and didn't find one; ...but... there were lots of other tropical fish in neon colors, some of whom appear in this funky fish collage!

Day 28: Off-Prompt
Inspired by my friend Mary (aka @millwoodstudioart) who had just posted some awesome florals over watercolor on library catalog cards. Also flashing back to last week's #PLAID prompt.

I post my ICADs in my Instagram feed @llaurenb each evening and then collect them up right here on Mondays. If you'd like to know more about ICAD check out Daisy Yellow Art!

1 comment:

  1. The variety (yet cohesiveness) of your designs always amazes me. Love them all.

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~