Friday, July 29, 2022

Blue Christmas

We're channeling our inner Elvis this fortnight at Jingle Belles; for "Blue Christmas" we'd like to see holiday cards that are (...you guessed it...) predominantly blue! Here's what I made, featuring my new Wendy Vecchi Doodle Christmas Stamp Set from Ranger:


I made a fun, slightly splashy background by smooshing Wendy's Morning Glory Archival Ink Pad onto my craft sheet, misting it lightly with rubbing alcohol, and dragging a piece of watercolor paper through the wet ink in several directions. This is a technique more often done on glossy paper, but I like the slightly different effect you get on a matte surface, as well. When the panel was entirely dry, I stamped the baubles from Doodle Christmas a few times in Jet Black Archival at the left corner, then filled in the area above them by stamping the evergreen bough repeatedly in Fern Green. I used brushmarkers and a sparkly gel pen to color the ornaments. Using a Mini Ink Blending Tool with a Domed Foam, I lightly dabbed more Morning Glory onto the chipboard "LOVE" embellishment from the new Statements Chippies set, then stamped the same color, full strength, randomly all over the word with the sparkles stamp. To make the word pop even more, I added a strip of bright blue tape from Wendy's Washi Assortment (#1) and matted on glitter and metallic papers in a coordinating shade of blue. 


Be sure to head over to Jingle Belles to see Stephanie's card and start planning what you'll make!

No comments:

Post a Comment

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~