Monday, August 3, 2020

Creation Staycation Wrap-Up

It was a super-fun weekend playing along with Paper Anthology's Summer Creation Staycation, on the PA FaceBook Pageit's always fun to hang out with crafty friends, either in person or online! Here are some cards I made for a few of my favorite challenges:


for Elisabeth's Summer Fun Challenge
Here's a shocking true confession: I've been wanting Lawn Fawn's "Sweetest Flavor" mini stamp set for ages and since I happened to know there would be a Summer Fun Challenge I treated myself. I knew I wanted to add some accessory brads to the adorable kawaii cones and that the perfect place for them to gather would be under the palm tree from Taylored Expressions' Build-a-Scene: Tropical diecut set, which is not in the online store, but there are still a few at paper Anthology.
 (ps: it's possible I also treated myself to LF's uber-cute Little Dragon and Tiny Fairy Tale mini sets, too...)


for Shari's Slimline Card Challenge
I am obsessed with Vicki Boutin's "All the Good Things" line from American Crafts. I'ts not available on the PA website, but many of the papers can still be found in the store, including this watercolory masterpiece called "Soul Food" which I think is pretty perfect with the stamps from Dare 2B Artzy's "Say It With Words" floral set, that I've stamped over strategically smooshed ColorBurst.


for Linda's Masculine Themed Challenge
k, gotta say right out, there's NO current product here at all, though similar vintage ingredients can be found in my Deluxe World Traveler Collage Assortments, found at Paper Anthology! But the patterned papers are ancient scraps and the tapes came over with Mrs. Noah on the Ark. The best thing about funky collage cards, though, is that you can pretty much combine ANYTHING and make it work!

♥♥♥

And thus another fun Paper Anthology Weekend Event draws to a close; 
many thanks to everyone who participated!

No comments:

Post a Comment

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~