Friday, August 28, 2020

A Very CASE-y Christmas

We've got an interesting twist this fortnight at Jingle Belles, we're saving you the trouble of inventing a brand new holiday card design, by asking you to CASE (Copy and Selectively Edit) a card of Stephanie's or mine; from any Jingle Belles post, at anytime between 2011 and now. So yeah... there's plenty to choose from, lol! I knew immediately that I wanted to make my own version of one of this YETI card by Stephanie, so "Yeti or Not" here it is:

yeti and sentiment stamps: taylored expressions, colored with tombow markers and prismacolor pencils; snowflake patterned paper and tree die: echo park; hills dies: mama elephant; white glitter paper: best creation; xmas light stickers: sticko; christmas sticker: tim holtz/idea-ology; ink: ranger archival; corner rounder: we r memory keepers; adhesives: elmers brand gluetape, 3m foam tape, scor-tape by sookwang

My biggest obstacle was that I literally had NONE of the products Stephanie used in her card. But luckily I found Taylored Expressions' adorable "Mythical Grumplings" set at Paper Anthology, which gave me cute Yeti and most of the sentiment. I used a slightly larger tree die; but had a very similar set of stitched hills, plenty of white glitter paper, and even a pale green snowflake patterned paper! Since my Yeti stamps were not holiday-themed, I added some holiday lights stickers, but I think they're a pretty good fit. Et voila! 


Be sure to hop over and see which card Stephanie chose to CASE and start scrolling around Jingle Belles to choose your inspiration card!

3 comments:

  1. Adorable!!! awesome case. Did you giggle when I had already "cased" one of yours last challenge?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the scene your created. So awesome!

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~