Monday, June 11, 2012

it's a beachy keen pixie challenge!

if, like me, you enjoy SUMMER FUN, papercrafting and prizes, then you need to walk, run, float or flutter your way over to the pixie dust paperie blog and link up a project inspired by this fabulous vintage photo:

   
don't you love it? that could be me and my brother at the jersey shore circa 1970! i can see A LOT of ways to go with this one, can't you? in fact, the thing that took me longest was deciding what to do! i went with a general "beachy" theme... and brought in a few of the colors, as well. see?

(glossy white cardstock and ink: ranger; patterned paper: basic gre, my mind's eye; "hello": EAD sentiments rub-ons; stickers: sandylion; rhinestone stick-on: prima; label: dymo; pen: copic multiliner; adhesives: tombow monorunner, 3m foam tape)

i rotated and used the fabulous june sketch at a new-to-me challenge blog called love my tapes:



despite an increasing washi obsession, this time i actually used paper scraps on the thin strips of the sketch, since i wanted to get the feeling of blue skies and the ocean in there. unusually for me there is a PLAIN WHITE background!!! i'm not sure why, except i knew i was adding a lot of color and pattern already with the stickers, and i couldn't come up with something i liked better. in retrospect i sort of wish i'd used one of the white-on-white papers from basic grey's basics line, but i think i kind of still like this, too.

there are many more-- and far more glorious-- projects to see from our challenge design team over at the pixie blog, so why not DIVE IN, darlings?! ♥

7 comments:

  1. This is absolutely Perfect!! I just love everything about this ... Brilliant!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. loving how this turned out and the way you incorporated that sketch into this card! fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now how super beachy keen is this? Such a fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful! Makes me wish I was on a beach.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooof, another challenge blog added to my Reader. Way to go. ;/

    (heh heh)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute! Love the sweet little mix under the unbrella...too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! Love the bright colors. Thanks so much for joining us at the Love My Tapes Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~