Wednesday, June 13, 2012

an awesome thing happened at the periodontist!

now *THERE* is a sentence of english i suspect does not get a whole lot of use from one year to the next, and the fact that it me saying it makes it even more bizarre, right?


but last night when i went for the first of my two dental surgeries, it turned out that the dentist was able to not only do the planned extraction but he actually put in the implant as well!!! i won't go into details (because, EWWWWWWWWW!) but the main thing is that this doctor, being a very nice guy who really seems to "get" the whole phobia thing, had told me beforehand that on this particular tooth an implant almost ALWAYS needs to be a two-step process, (and that he would not take any shortcuts if that was the case) but... that he would make sure especially to have everything ready to go on the off-chance that when he got in there he felt it would be viable to do all at once; and somehow, kinda miraculously, it WAS! so instead of having the prospect of a second "big-deal" procedure hanging over my head for the next four months, i only need to heal, have the bone graft tested in october and then get the crown done!


this is HUGE for me, and the best news i could possibly have had, and i'm pretty sure it all of your thoughts, well-wishes and prayers zooming in from all over the interwebz which is responsible!

THANK YOU, darlings, so very, very much!!!
♥♥♥


and now, if you'll excuse me, i have to get going, i have a full schedule, and a number of crucial meetings with both ben AND jerry today! :) :) :) (because high-end dentistry demands high-end frozen desserts, obviously!!!)

13 comments:

  1. Good luck with your healing...my son had that done...it was a long process, but all went well.
    And the good news is the ice cream...yeah! Love the sweet pics my friend. Heeeeeheeeeeeeee! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your ice cream....so glad it went so well for you ;)
    xoxo Sioux

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lauren, so glad everything went better than expected and you're ok!! No fun at all but had to be done, right! At least you'll have a great excuse to eat ice cream now!!! YES!!! In fact, I'll have one for you today too!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great! Happy Healing and enjoy that ice cream. And I hope you feel well enough to enjoy some S&M. (That's "stain" & "mist", you dirty birds.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm soooo happy for your good news!! Enjoy that icecream!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAYAYAYAY and ZIPIDDEYDOODAH!!! *happy dance*

    I'm partial to Coffee Heath Bar Crunch. What's stocked in YOUR freezer? :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. must have been all that good time shift mojo i was sending your way ;) so glad to hear you don't have to go for part two!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. yay! So glad for you and sending speedy all healing up fast wishes your way!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on a surgery well survived. I had to have them put me right the h*ll out. Yup, I am a wimp. I hope you heal quickly. Don't be afraid to take those magic little pills. ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah! So glad it went well ... you are one brave girlie and I award you a gold star ★★★... Well I can't do gold so I gave you 3 black ones instead!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ahhhh....hang in there and I'm so glad it is all over for you...not having to go in again must be such a relief!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad you got it all done at once. Thats awesome. Ice cream. I love it. The cat one cracked me up. The pug one too. :) Heal quickly!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So happy to hear that you didn't have to return! I had a crown put in two summers ago (I think?) and the healing wasn't too bad. The really sucky part was waiting for it to feel like a tooth instead of some random piece of breakable plastic. Take my advice - if for ANY reason it doesn't feel perfect against your other teeth, go back & make them file it down again!
    Oh, and a hot fudge bourbon milkshake ought to help immensely! http://www.howsweeteats.com/2011/08/hot-fudge-bourbon-milkshakes/
    Just trust me on this! ;D

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~