Tuesday, June 12, 2012

does anyone have the phone number for the witness protection program??!

by which i mean: today's THE BIG DAY*, dentally, not that i'm freaking out or anything, why do you ask??!

luckily, every tuesday is a big day at shopping our stash, and this week is more than cool enough to take one's mind off one's mouth-- miss carla is asking us to combine at least two different ribbons or twines, or both! since both of these elements tend to be a bit neglected in my stash... (unlike, say, leslie, i'm a bit "ribbon impaired!) ...i was happy for the push to try to use them in an interesting manner, and i think i succeeded; but you tell me:

(glossy white cardstock: ranger; pink digi paper (printed on kodak premium photostock): somerset "color splash" by deviant art; ribbons: imaginisce; twine: doodlebug; pennants: pink paislee; birthday stickers: mambi; tiny gel stickers: from a dollar store in jackson heights; adhesives: tombow monorunner, scotch gluestick, sewing machine) 

i used last week's unscripted sketch (#161) admittedly in a bit of a loosey goosey way, but then that's kind of how i roll! 


and now i hope YOU will roll over to SOS and see my lovely fellow DTs' awesome examples so that you'll be inspired to "tie one (or rather TWO) on" with us this week!!!

*specifically 5pm (EST) is my appt; this is the extraction and bone graft for the implant tooth. everyone i've talked to who's done it says this is much less harrowing than, say, a root canal; but being phobic i get freaked out just getting my teeth cleaned** so i will not be ok until it's over. if you're not doing anything at quittin' time, send some vibes my way, ok? ta v much, darlings! ♥


**yes, i am serious. and no, i don't know why. as a child i was afraid of the dentist before i even knew what it was. and if you're thinking, "oh she must've learned that from a parent or someone" then how do you explain my younger brother and sister living with my terrible example and never being scared for a minute, even as tiny little kids? yeah, it's a puzzle. 5pm... please?! ♥♥♥

13 comments:

  1. Good luck today...hang in there.

    Your card makes me really want to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, you did it! This looks so cute! Great use of the challenge elements! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely succeeded. I love the bright colours, so fun.

    Good luck today. I'm sure everything will be fine. I'll send you some vibes 'round 5:00. [I was going to tell you that I'm "rooting" for you but I thought it would be selfish of me to use your (totally justified) phobia just to get a snicker (from myself).]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hugs and prayers for you...I get a little skittish myself when it comes to dental work. My MIL is having this same procedure tomorrow. Your card is ABSOLUTELY FANTABULOUS!!! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card! And yes, I make up with ribbon what you cover in the "more is more" department! HA! *fistbump*

    As for the Dentist, I was blessed with good teef, at least until recently, and I've only ever had my teef cleaned. Never had a fear of Dentists, and never figured out why others did. I'll be thinking of you at 5 pm, missy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yea....you succeeded BIG TIME!!! So cute and I love the way you did this ribbon! I can feel a CASE coming on here! Love it!
    Have fun at that dentist! Yikes!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. hang in there lovely lady. I shall be thinking good dentally things at 5pm yr time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. adorable card, as always, and sending "no fear at the dentist" wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this card is too gorgeous for words...well except the words that say I especially love the banner...

    sending some good vibes your way...hopefully with the time shift here they are hitting you at just the right time (or when your mouth is throbbing and you are trying to sleep - you might need the vibes more then anyway!!!).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Big hugs ! It will be all good when you're done!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh sweetie I hear 'ya! I hope you are ok and that you survived the ordeal ... your card is beautiful .. sending love and hugs your way

    ReplyDelete
  12. You used your ribbons in a most creative and cute way! I love how you stitched them all down and added that cute banner! Love the colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sweet card. LOVE these colors. You impress me every single time.

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~