Friday, August 6, 2021

Walkin' in a Washi Wonderland!

A red and green washi wonderland, that is; since we are still celebrating those traditional Christmas colors at Jingle Belles! This week I was so inspired, I made two (admittedly quite similar) cards. See?

I broke out all of my favorite Eyelet Outlet holiday tape styles that were red or green or both and lined them up on my graph paper backgrounds. By the way, the graph paper was a very deliberate choice; if I'm going to apply lots of tape, or alphabet stickers, or anything else that looks better straight, I like to use a background that has strong horizontal lines to make things easier!


Once all my tapes were affixed, I stitched around the edges for a little extra texture. Then I added little clusters of holiday stickers and diecuts, not to mention a few EO Brads and some Heart Pearls; plus a red mat and a black glossy card et voila!


Hop over to Jingle Belles to see Stephanie's beautiful card and then start planning what you'll make using (mostly) red and green!

1 comment:

  1. Wowza girlfriend these are off the charts awesome. You seriously rocked that Washi.

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~