Saturday, August 21, 2021

Cheering for You

It's a three-fer of colorful circle motif cards, featuring the newest additions to Wendy Vecchi's Signature Series Archival Inks from Ranger: Periwinkle, Goldenrod and English Ivy.

The other day I suddenly had an idea about a CAS card (which... if you know me... will surprise you, lol!) in which I'd stamp the pretty floral elements from Wendy's "Bravo" Stamp, Die and Stencil Set over variously sized circles of those three lovely shades. Then I'd add a sentiment (from the same set) and use my Perfect Stylus Set to scatter an accent of Periwinkle Liquid Pearls. As it turned out, I used that idea three different ways, and the resulting cards got less CAS (shocker!) as I went along.

My circle "stencil" is just three sizes of ancient circle punches, on a piece of glossy cardstock; but nevertheless the Mini Make Art STAY-tion's four magnets held it perfectly in place while I added my colors.

I found that I could mat the finished panels on nearly every shade of purple, green, blue or yellow in my cardstock collection, as long as they were slightly muted. Unusually for me, I did nearly all of my stamping on a single surface, except for the sentiment on the last card, which I made into a little flag.

I really like all three versions, and I'm not sure there's any combination of Periwinkle, Goldenrod and English Ivy that wouldn't look pretty flippin' cool; but if you realllllllly pushed me to choose, I'd probably confess that the one with the graph paper is my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~