Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Coffee Bean Balloons??!?!?

Here is a card that's 100% inspired by Sarah Galli Jimenez, who posted two brilliant coffee bean balloon cards in our Eyelet Outlet Fan Group on Facebook and I loved them so much, I had to try to make my own slimline version! 

I arranged (but didn't attach) the balloon bouquet of Coffee Bean Brads, mixed with Heart Brads in white and pink, so that I could lightly pencil in the balloon strings and machine stitch over them, before affixing the brads. I stamped and colored Riley and Co's Midge with Coffee (in Ground Espresso Distress Archival, obviously!) and added a Coffee Cup Brad over the mug that's in the original image; the sentiment is from Wendy Vecchi's Birthday Bash Stamp, Stencil and Die set. Finally, I made a super-fun background paper by lining up strips of Eyelet Outlet Donut Tape on plain white cardstock and used it to frame up the panel.


I love this idea so much that now I'm wondering if there are more brads I could make into balloons too?! Stay tuned to see what I come up with in future! Meanwhile, thank you, Sarah Galli Jimenez for sharing this wonderful idea with us!

1 comment:

  1. So cute, love how you make the brads "sing" Awesome card, great papers and designs.

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~