Tuesday, January 10, 2017

the best things in life are *SPARKLY*!!! (obviously)

and those are the kind we especially like at shopping our stash. but alas, not everything arrives at one's doorstep pre-glittered; some things need our help. so this week's challenge is to use stickles (or the like) on your project!

frosted lace stickles, tinted with a teeeeeeeny bit of ultramarine colorburst and yet still not really showing up in the pictures; continuing my mission to use up some of my (many, many!) tiny stickers i have a bear and bunny by funny sticker world, plus sunshine, a vw microbus and a cute sentiment from simple stories; tiny library cards: amy tangerine/american crafts; patterned paper: making memories, sei, echo park; tape: martha stewart + freckled fawn; twine: celebrate it... which my aunt joy saw in a store just before xmas and thought i would like, how cool is that? ♥; adhesives: elmers brand gluetape, 3m foam tape

my card inadvertently sets a record for the most stickles on one piece of paper that cannot be seen at all in photographs! yeah. apparently, these are stealth stickles. clearly, they have defense applications. i'm sure the pentagon is very interested! luckily i somehow actually remembered to take a "process pic" and by virtue of increasing the contrast on the photo you can very nearly almost see them. (and YES, i hand-painted the stickles on the left-hand side and lower edge of every single cloud!):


despite the absence of convincing photographic evidence, this card really is pretty sparkly in real life, honest! so of course you're all invited over to see it in person. i'll make you a mochacino* and everything! this goes for the folks from the simon says stamp monday challenge blog, too, though since this week is "be square" and my card seems thankfully to be doing that fairly straightforwardly, i think they'll be able to tell.


another great place to visit is SOS where my design team darlings are ROCKIN' IT... you know... like always... ♥♥♥

*technically, it'll just be a regular cup of coffee with a spoonful of ghirardelli cocoa mix stirred into it... but it's yummy and chocolatey, i promise! :)

15 comments:

  1. Hey Lauren, I accept!!! a Mochachino and seeing your card in person would be lovely. I agree, stickles are not very photogenic, sigh!! I had a hard time making sure that the ones on my card shined a little, sheeesh!!
    As always, I admire your ability to combine a bunch of fun elements on your cards to create something sweet and beautiful.
    The stickles on your clouds and sun are visible, did you add some to the cute little bus too?
    Fabulous card, my dear.
    XO
    Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Funny that you should mention the sun situation and photography... notice I haven't been able to use my normal wood-background?-- that's the wall of the craft-shack, and it's covered so I can almost always get a shot,rain or snow, as long as it's daytime. Well... the rain and snow have been coming in sideways for a week! Letting my Stickles show was the one nice thing that happened this week! (Well, close...) Anyway, I love the look of this-- distinctly YOU! You know I love the library card😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the greatest "stickle" collage that I "never did see!" :D
    I love your "collage swag" so I was just delighted with your project! If its any comfort, my hubby is still POed because of the 50 pictures I made him take of my tag!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lauren....you are the super queen of collage. Love every element on it and I love that you backed the clouds on blue. (my mind never worked that well) Of course I love the bus and the two critters. Awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, Queen of collage! This is absolutely fabulous! And I love all the Stickles that you can barely see! LOL! (Actually, when you embiggen the pics, it shows up pretty good!) Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I sooo enjoy your blog. I really like to see all your cute creations. Have to say though that I get a big kick out of reading your posts, ESPECIALLY todays.
    They make me smile and laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sign me up for that Laureny mochacino :) No I can see the perfectly handprinted lower left sparkly clouds. You are fabulous! I love that idea. Mental note of another Laureny terrific card making tip.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahaha ...this made me laugh and you are right ...your card is fun, cute and a fabulous design but..where are the stickles? I usually have this same problem with photos myself, so I do belive that your card is really glittery in real life.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this, coming for the mochacino..I love the clouds, great idea. This whole card is so much fun, it brightened my day and I love square cards. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Eeeeeeeeeeeeee this is all kinds of wicked awesomeness missus!!!
    I adore the wee bunny and bear!! And the collage-y feel...ahhhhh I just love your craftiness, it gives me all the smiles
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so cute. I love the pastel sweet colors and all the layering. Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~