Friday, January 6, 2017

One Card, Two Ways

One of my favorite sources of crafty inspiration is the Eyelet Outlet Blog: my fellow design team members *NEVER* stop impressing me with their cleverness and creativity! The other day, the Prince of Paper, Barry Lynn Snarr, used a flourish-pattern embossing folder to emphasize some Eyelet Outlet Swirl Bling on this gorgeous card, and it looked so cool, I literally had to go and grab my embossing folders right then to see what combinations I could make! Here are my cards, and then I'll explain:


I chose an all-over flower pattern embossing folder with quite a lot of detail. For my first card, I embossed kraft cardstock, added a messy coat of white Gesso, then picked out the flower centers with Tiny Copper Eyelets. I love how they look with the Glitter Copper Washi, which I've highlighted even more by adding Pearl Bling Strips and finally set the whole thing off with all three sizes of gorgeous Dark Purple Solid Color Flowers, anchored with a 10mm Purple Pearl Brad.


I realize the tiny (1/16th inch!) eyelets create quite a subtle look in the photos, but in real life the copper catches the light and they gleam in such a lovely way; I predict you will see me using these again! (Not to mention this palette of Kraft, Copper, Purple and Pearl White!)


For my second card I went with Core'dinations Color Core cardstock and a monochromatic palette that uses those same lovely Purple Blooms, surmounted with a beautiful, big (28mm!) Flatback Resin Flower in a coordinating shade. To make the textural background a little more prominent, I added Purple Enamel Dots to the centers of each of the sanded flowers.


Did you know that we are having a call for new Eyelet Outlet Designers? And if you like brads, bling, washi tape, eyelets, florals or enamels at all, you miiiiiiight just want to go check out the in this blog post right here. Applications will remain open until next Thursday, January 12th, so check it out, ASAP! I should just mention that this past year as an EO team member has been an amazingly fun and valuable experience for me: the products are great to work with, the inspiration is abundant, and I've made some really good friends! If you've been thinking about it... even a tiny bit... I'd encourage you to apply! (You can thank me later, lol!) ♥♥♥

6 comments:

  1. Both lovely cards, very striking indeed.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous job. on both cards. Gorgeous flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are definitely an inspiration! Wow is not powerful enough a word for these cards. Let me pick my jaw up and just marvel at them a little longer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both are very striking cards! I like the color combos you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!! I adore these, the colour combos are great, but adding that messy gesso coat to the kraft one - swooning here. And those TEENY TINY eyelets..ENABLER ALERT..ha ha ha Cx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous way to add texture and eye appeal!

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~