Tuesday, January 24, 2017

all that glitters...

...is (wait forrrrrrr ittttttttttttttt) *GOLD* of course! which is what we want to see at shopping our stash this week. if you're anything like my own magpie self, that will be an occasion for great joy and rapture... right up until the very second you have to photograph your card. and then not so much, lol.

patterned paper: my mind's eye, glitz, basic grey; white kromecote cardstock: the paper cut; burlap dogwood flowers: prima; brads: october afternoon; doily from my stash; adhesives: elmers brand gluetape, 3m foam tape, gluedots

so yeah. once again i've got a picture that not only completely fails to convey a primary element of my card, it's actually the element on which the challenge is based. excellent. most of my papers are from the couple-of-years-ago "my story" collection by my mind's eye, though; so basically, everything that looks tannish-kraft color in the photo (the sentiment, all the arrows, a few touches on the butterflies, etc) is metallic gold, honest. here's a sideways shot, that kinda sorta illustrates that point:


i've used both halves of the current fusion card challenge, which is always fun, obviously:


for more inspiration (and really lovely photos!) check out those golden girls known as the SOS design team right now, darlings!

11 comments:

  1. What a great take on the sketch with an awesome card. love that gold arrow paper. it shows perfectly in the one shot. those flowers are gorgeous too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the patterned paper, the doily, butterflies, flowers....well I love all of it!! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this-- great card to have in your stash as you could give it for multple occasions. That arrow paper is freaking awesome... my eyes have hearts streaming from them😍

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh the arrows, the doily....the butterfly....I don't know where to look next it's entirely soooooo super awesome and a an excellent adaptation of both halves of the sketch

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!! Love this amazing golden arrows paper, it's just beautiful and perfectly pointing to the sweet little flower arrangement on that corner. Love all the texture of it, so pretty.
    Lovely card!!
    Hugs,
    Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yet another card that has my jaw sitting in my lap! Lauren, you are so insanely talented! LOVE all the gold accents, those burlap dogwood blooms, and just the all around gorgeousness to your card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The camera always lies. It always picks up stray glitter and wrinkles but then totally overlooks gorgeous golds like on your card...but I can see the gold in the close up. Beautiful card - I do love that cluster.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful card. The combination of those flowers with the doily and butterflies is divine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful card, I just love it. I have 4 golden wedding cards to make next month and I may pinch your idea for one!!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, Lady! This is a late comment. My computer crashed before I could get to you! I love this. Your focal elements are perfectly composed. Awesome!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~