Sunday, April 15, 2012

are you sick of seeing travel journals?!

if so, then i am REALLY very sorry indeed, because not only do i have a bunch more to show you, miss kirsty has also let me hijack the pixie dust paperie blog today to talk about my philosophy and process for making those as well!!!

something that *IS* brand new is that the journals are the latest group of items i'll be selling in my etsy shop! i've got six in there right now, and will be making more in the months to come. i'm doing three standard sizes: regular (9.25" x 4.5"--this is the size and shape of nearly all of my personal travel books!) mini (4.5" x 6.5"--great for postcards and photos!) and extra-large (11.5" x 4.75"--this is like my san francisco book) most of them have removable acrylic "over covers" that can be taken off for the duration of one's trip... or permanently if you'd like to do your own decorations!

want to see?

 standard 
measures: 9.5 x 4.25"
great for full-sized brochures and everything else!
(this one has a solid cover with no transparency elements) 

 standard 
measures: 9.5 x 4.25"
here you can see the transparent "over cover"... underneath is chipboard wrapped in a vintage map


 standard 
measures: 9.5 x 4.25"
this one has some of my new custom alphas--chipboard covered in loads of different vintage maps and then die cut--i am IN LOVE with these and will be listing them later this week in my etsy shop!
♥SOLD--thank you!♥


mini 
measures: 4.5 x 6.5"
♥SOLD--thank you!♥



perfect for postcards!

mini 
measures: 4.5 x 6.5"
punch and add standard sized photos!


extra-large 
measures: 4.74 x 11.5"
holds everything *INCLUDING* the kitchen sink!!!
(this one is like my most recent SF book)

i am also willing to make custom journals to your specifications using a mix of vintage and new supplies! feel free to ask me any questions you might have by email (llaurenb @ hotmail [dot] com) or via the comments form below! planning a few more etsy additions this week, so stay tuned, darlings! ♥♥♥

7 comments:

  1. I know how cool are these, because I now have one waiting for me to fill in all the pieces, love it and thank you so much for this precious travel book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally brilliant ... love the one you did for Kirsty too and the fab card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. these books are fabulous...would be a great addition to any vacation...the perfect size to take to work to show off to people too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness I love them! #3 & #4 are my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i went over to the pixie dust blog to read about your journals - really... even though i've seen every one you've posted on your blogs i adore these little scrapbooks (yeah... thats what they are - the good old fashioned kind - a real scrap-book) - they are what scrapbooks are all about. and i swear (by all that is holy and.. unholy LOL) that this year before we go away I'm gonna make me one cos they are just the smartest, most creative things i've seen in a good long time and cos i like to make stuff too i have to try it (and maybe i'll make it a habit too). and your shop journals are just too faboo for words - love that little plane and the "GO"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good grief woman...these are all magnificent!

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~