Thursday, September 30, 2010

meet archie byrd*

this week's theme at something completely different is "birds" ...which is rather me, right?! also, it's the last week of september's marvelous ARCH format, so i had to get this baby made & posted at the very very verrrrrry last minute!!!

(vintage: book paper, postage stamps, and illustration of birds (used as a guide to cut layers of book paper and cardstock); digital: asian script brushes #4 (printed on inkjet transparency) anna aspnes, designer digitals; flowers: prima; cardstock diecuts: k&co; brad: my mind's eye; leaf mask: heidi swapp; spray inks: glimmer mist & diluted ranger re-inkers; pen: copic multiliner; inks: ranger & colorbox; adhesives: uhu gluestick, gluedots, tombow monorunner, sewing machine)

occasionally i feel unbelievably silly about the packrat tendencies that make me SAVE the birds i cut out for a collage and didn't use... the masked and inked background paper that didn't quiiiiiite work at the time... or the bits of transparency on which i printed extra chinese characters just to fill up the page; AND THEN there will come a night that i am able to grab my "leftovers" folder and make a little collage quite quickly just using those items and some pre-made store-bought embellies! so to my darling, patient, utterly understanding husband i say, "sorry honey...we are ALWAYS going to live surrounded by little boxes and baggies and folders full of 'cool stuff' i might need someday!!!" ♥♥♥



*don't judge me, ok?! titles are HARD!!! :)

19 comments:

  1. You always keep the tiny bits nice and neat - I bet Juan wishes he could switch me for you. My stuff that I keep just in case is EVERYWHERE.

    Adorable arch/bird as always. :c)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your arch is defo full of cool stuff :) Great how all those "bits" have made a fabulous whole! Thanks for playing again at SCD...we love having you :)
    xoxo Sioux

    ReplyDelete
  3. SIGH. This is DREAMY GORGEOUS.
    The shape (how totally COOL), the colours (so FRESH) and the amazing way you do your Lauren thing. I think I need to pull out some paint or ink or something :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Swoooooningly gorgeous Lauren, I really do love your crafting style so much! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hiya Lauren - how's you? FAB arch loving the colours and all the additions....great as always xx

    Thanks for joining us this weekxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha I can't believe I actually know two of the Russian words in the "bird". (I do not speak Russian!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. p/s: Actually, make that 3! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgous arch, amazed by all the gorgeous creations you have managed to put onto it!

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cool! Just love how all the different thing come together so well, like they were meant for each other!

    ReplyDelete
  10. absolutely beautiful! Love the vintage appeal of it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i seriously can't believe that you are over 40 (from the Lego post, but I forgot to mention)??? really??? are you sure it's not 20?? you are so young at heart, so talented and so full of energy, girl! love you for that! your arch is gorgeous. love the cluster of "leftovers," it's YOU! just fab!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so pretty! I love the arch and how you made this. So worth having tons of random boxes around when you come up with this goodness! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is wonderful. Love all the layers. Gives it real depth. Thanks for playing along at SCD

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning!! It HAS to be totally worth saving all those bits if this is the result!!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  15. Somehow I don't think if the average paper crafter had a leftovers folder that their projects would turn out as beautiful as yours do! Another pretty & perfect card.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fantastic Arch loving your birds too. Glad you like our new theme so much of 'corse you can stic wth arches if you like ;0)

    Love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. How is it possible that I missed this?!
    It's stunning! So very true to what I think of when I think of you....
    Did I mention that I love it? :D

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~