Sunday, September 26, 2010

BESTEST: legos

i've decided to start a new feature called "BESTEST" in which i will compile my current faves in various (mostly, i fear, silly) categories. if you think this is just an excuse to spend more time trawling google images for random stuff that makes me laugh...ok, yeah, well-spotted, you're exactly right!

i'm starting with LEGOS. i have always had a minor obsession with them, and lately i just keep running across new reasons to love 'em! i partially blame jana for this, since she pointed me towards #1!

1. best lego-photo-a-day website: lego365

"if you see a faded sign by the side of the road that says..."

it's by a guy called dan. he likes legos, and photography. he makes me choke on my first cup of coffee several days a week. but, you know...in a *GOOD* way! i'm more than halfway through the archives and wondering what i will do after that. weep, probably.

2. best lego book: i lego ny by christoph niemann. simply brilliant. brilliantly simple. quintessentially new yorky. a lot of people are getting this for xmas, i think!

3. best eddie izzard comedy routine illustrated by animated legos: this james bond one; better by far than even the most delicious pair of jam trousers! :)

4. best lego food: a tie between this lego that looks like food...and this food that looks like lego! either way, i now want to build something, and have a snack. not necessarily in that order.

5. best real-life lego experience: a trip to the san diego legoland in summer, 2007

my secret fantasy dream-job? building the exhibits in miniland!!!

i'd like to tell you we went because my friends live 10 minutes away and have a membership because their kids love it...and all of that is true...but in addition to trips to the zoo, the museums of balboa park, huntingdon library, and other cultural highlights, i specifically asked to be taken here, and had (at age 43) the most fun of the whole group!!! (& i'd LOVE to go back!)

honorable mentions: ♥♥♥ guggenheim museum lego kit, lego software, the brothers brick, nathan sawaya's life-sized lego sculptures, lego tardis ♥♥♥

11 comments:

  1. Youtube and Lego - a fabulous combination. CK and d/Boy watched Jaws as Lego yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to have been of service to you. Bwahahahaha. I love Lego's too. This is a wonderfullllll post. I'm off now to visit all your leads. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always wanted to go there too! I will definitely be older than 43 by the time I ever go, but I will feel like a kid in a candy shop when I do :) Love those Legos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The lego-photo thing is awesome!! Thanks :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who doesn't love good lego fun!! I've always wanted to go to Legoland!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Lego ice cube trays. Too funny - though, I think Carlos would just try to build out of them and ice legos are not the best idea.

    Ah well, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to go to LegoLand! Thanks for a big smile this dreary Monday morning! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. these are too fun!! thanks for the links!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Logan would love to go there. He is a lego maniac. They are actually building a Lego land here near us. It'll be about an hour away in the Haines City area which is like 20 minutes or so from Disney. Give or take. So it'll be about an hour from us. I can't wait to take Logan there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm pretty sure that DH and my little boy just decided to leave me for you.
    You have room for them, right?
    :D

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~