Saturday, September 18, 2010

i was only going to print some cute cars...

...from the same set i used for matthew's banner ...and put them on a STORE-BOUGHT birthday-themed giftbag!!!

but then i thought they looked a bit sad just being one solid color, so i thought, "ok i will paper-piece them...but THAT'S ALL!"

of course the paper-piecings were sooooo cute that it seemed a pity not to outline and embellish them...but i'd still stick them on the store-bought giftbag.

shortly afterwards, i found the b&w striped patterned whilst looking for something else, and it struck me how much it looked like a "highway" down which some adorable paper-pieced vehicles might drive...surely a little piece of that would enhance a store-bought giftbag even more?!?!

when i went looking for the clouds, and the paper with the traffic signs on it, i finally admitted to myself that i was going to full-on decorate a plain giftbag from michaels! from there, it was a slippery slope to chipboard letters in a couple of fonts, layers of foam tape, cute stickers, and machine stitching!


however, i totally DREW THE LINE at making a matching card!!!

ok, ok, there is a tag, on the back of the bag. just a teeny *LITTLE* one! made from the scraps of the bag! really, it'd've been more trouble to put them away!!!


don't bother sending me links to a paper-crafting twelve-step program...'cause there's NO WAY i'd go!!! :) :) :)


(~materials~ giftbag, tissue & ribbon from michaels; digital car brushes: kiddie conveyance by hero arts from 2peas; patterned paper: basic grey, oriental trading, my mind's eye, making memories, ki, sei, october afternoon; chipboard letters: heidi swapp, prima; stickers: recollections, mambi, love elsie, martha stewart; brads: making memories; ink: colorbox, stewart superior; adhesives: tombow monorunner, uhu gluestick, 3m foam tape, sewing machine)

12 comments:

  1. fabulous gift bag, girl! Matthew is so lucky! this is totally fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my - this is just too fun!
    I love it!
    It should be framed!
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it -- your creativity is so refreshing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! I love how a simple project so quickly takes on a life of its own!

    I've had my eye on that vehicle set ... do I want it? The idea of printing it on patterned papers ... Hmmm ....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! I love the bag. So cute! How the slippery slop came about. lol. Great gift to go along with the gift. I hope she keeps that bag!! Thats the one thing that freaks me out about decorating gift bags. I'm always afraid they'll be trashed like wrapping paper. All that paper and beautifulness! I love this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMGoodness...chock full of CUTENESS...the bag initself...is that one word or is it...in itself...hmmm...I like it mooshed together...initself...initself is a true giftie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. See???!!! This is why YOU are my paper crafting idol/goddess. How do you do that??? This is perfect to every last detail...Lauren, you are so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Frankly, I don't see why anyone would think you have a problem.
    LOVE the bag and the tag. I can see the slope. It's a pretty one.
    If you give a Lauren some paper...

    ReplyDelete
  9. OK, I am so glad I'm not the only one who turns a 5 minute project into a two hour one. This one is soooo worth it though! Way, super CUTE!!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well of *course* you were only going to print some cars! And I can absolutely see where you'd need to do some paper piecing. And who wouldn't want to use their leftovers on a little tag???
    12 steps for you? Nahhhhh.... :D

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~