Friday, May 15, 2009

lori's sketch (WOOHOO!)

i'm sure by now it's not news to anyone that my fellow CAARDVARKS are one talented lot! case in point, our new crew member lori roop is also on the summer design team at 2 sketches 4 you. this week was her turn to provide the bonus sketch and she totally ROCKED IT...see??!


of course i was dying to take it for a test drive, so dug out my old favorite marah johnson "love struck" embellies (still a big fave in these parts!) and made an anniversary card for my sister-in-law and her husband.

(cardstock: bazzill; journaling card: teresa collins; patterned paper & flowers: prima; cardstock stickers & rub-ons: marah johnson; flourish stamp: rhonna farrer; ribbon: michaels; inks: ranger, bazzill, colorbox; other: chipboard hearts, vintage sheet music , cardboard, staples; adhesives: tombow mono adhesive runner, gluedots, 3m foam tape)

if you get a chance, run on over to 2S4Y and give m'colleague her props! oh yeah, and there's still time to get in on the caardvarks "don't quote me" challenge. while you're there, you might like to check out the announcement on the top right hand corner of the blog...i don't want to spoil the surprise, but if you aren't already a 'varks follower, it might just convince you to become one!

12 comments:

  1. I love the love birds and the lock!!! So cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow what a fabby card i luv the design you have done, luv the lock with the hearts, gorgeous card, sue.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. ♥♥kerplunk♥♥ That's me hitting the floor sista...I absolutely a-dore what you've done with Lori's sketch....oy vey...it is truly "lauren magnifi-co"...wowza girl, you totally rocked that sketch!!! Happy Friday 2 u!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. loverly, as always!

    Between you and Lydia, I am gonna need to dig out my one music sheet book and start using the pages on cards. (Did you know if you buy sheet music it is not returnable? At least not where *I* bought it.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Lauren! This card is amazing! Just gorgeous! What a great take on Lori's sketch. I updated my blog entry to read two-fer! Thanks for the tip! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow you certainly rocked Lori's sketch - hope you do the same for mine ;) because you know how easily my feelings get hurt - kidding aside this is really a beautiful card...I guess you Caardvarks girls know a thing or two about making cards *lol*
    Thanks for playing
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great card! Love the colors and the fun elements. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is there no end to your uber-cool creativity (is that a word)? Well, I LOVE this one because to me, it's just uber-cool. Colorful and trendy! I may have to case this one somehow .... or I won't sleep at night! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous! I love the birdies!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Holy WOW! I am gone for a weekend and you are over here creating insanely gorgeous masterpieces! OMGoodness Lauren, totally stunning!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lauren, how did I miss this??!! I'm SOOOO sorry!! It's plum full of fun elements!! And it SCREAMS Lauren!!! Great job!!

    Congrats on making COTW!!!! WOO HOO!!!!

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~