Friday, May 22, 2009

gettin' sketchy with it!

a few weeks ago, BR-T from unscripted sketches invited me along to see their cool new sketch challenge site. they post a new design every saturday, and you can make a layout, a card, and atc...whatever format you enjoy...in whatever size you'd like. they're currently on sketch #6 and it's a goodie...see?!

i have to confess that this is not the most literal sketch-to-card translation i have ever done, but i feel like "the bones" are there...and i hope the "unscripted" folk will understand. having said that, i am fairly pleased with the finished product, which is a rather funky anniversary card for my (rather funky!) aunt and uncle. :)


(patterned paper & pink border sticker: basic grey; kraft cardstock: bazzill; chipboard & cardstock diecuts: k&co; eiffel tower stamp: hero arts (stamped on a page from a vintage french dictionary; rhinestone flourish: prima; acryllic stickers: heidi swapp; rub-ons: creative imaginations; inks: colorbox; pens: sharpie & zig; adhesives: tombow monoadhesive runner, uhu gluestick, 3m foam tape)

9 comments:

  1. Ooh♥La♥La♥

    Wow Lauren!!! Gorgeous anniversary card...so very chic! Good grief that is some beautiful work sista!!! Here's to a fantabulous weekend my dear!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's fabulous! So glad you joined us this week for Unscripted Sketches. I can't wait to see what you come up with next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. FABULOUS FABULOUS FABULOUS FABULOUS FABULOUS FABULOUS FABULOUS FABULOUS

    Where do you get all those fabulous chipboard swirls? I know you mentioned it is K&CO, but where do you buy those???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh lala indeed! I love how you used the sketch and took your own liberties. Hope the funky couple loves it as much as I did! Thanks for playing again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Caryl stole my line! This is totally fabulously wonderful! Love, love, love it ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Magnifique ... seriously fabulous ... I love every single detail.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just stupendous, I knew you would wow us all with your remarkable paper antics! Please stop by again and again! BR-T

    ReplyDelete
  8. OOOooooo yes I love this card. Love all the textures going on here. You have a wonderful talent for putting an odd mix of papery things together and making it WORK.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gasp! Ooooh this is just stunning! Those colors make my heart go thumpity thump!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~