Saturday, January 20, 2024

Hello!

It's time for more goodness from Wendy Vecchi's new Garden Collection for Spellbinders. This time I'm featuring the Flowers and Foliage Embossing Folder; as well as the Vintage Florals die set. The latter are cut from plain white Perfect Cardstock panels, then painted with Liquid Pearls for a shimmery, dimensional look.


I used the embossing folder on a panel of white Perfect Cardstock and a smaller panel of deep violet cardstock, which I then lined up on top of the white to make a continuous pattern. Of course as soon as I fitted them together it occurred to me that it would've been considerably easier to have affixed the violet piece to the white AND THEN embossed... but... well, hindsight is always 20/20, right?

 

I diecut all of the flower pieces, then painted the larger ones with Cornflower Blue Liquid Pearls accented with some Night Sky. The smaller flowers are done in Violet with some Petunia towards the center and the leaves are Prickly Pear. when they were dry, I used coordinating shades of Wendy's Archival Inks from Ranger in Night Sky, Violet and Fern Green to add a little more contrast around the edges. 


I wish I could capture all of the soft shimmer that the Liquid Pearls have added to the florals, but since I did not, maybe you'll give this technique a try and see for yourself?!

2 comments:

  1. Tee hee, gotta love that hindsight. Gorgeous card! The colours and the embossing are splendid!

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~