Friday, January 12, 2024

This is What Santa Does in January

Or at least, this is what I imagine Santa doing in January. It's what I'd quite like to be doing in January, for that matter. But in this case, since these little images of Santa in Alohawear, sipping cocktails and hanging out with festive flamingos, all appeared on the giftwrap of one of my holiday presents a few weeks ago, it's also fair game for our "Wrap It Up" prompt at Jingle Belles, which runs until next Wednesday evening, January 17th. 


So before you ask, YES, there was quite a lot of teeny tiny fussycutting involved in this endeavor. But since the repeats are so small, there were LOTS of Santas on my "rescued" wrap; and cutting things out is one of those chores I don't mind doing, especially when it's close to bedtime, and I'm too tired to actually think of what to make, but not yet tired enough to go to bed. When cutting out something flimsy like giftwrap, I first back it with cardstock that I've run through my Xyron. I made faux-polariods from offcuts of white Kromekote inset with little squares of cloud patterned paper; added the Santas and accessories; mounted the design elements on my own leftover sandy/snowy wrapping paper; added red skinny mats, washi, and glittery diecut sentiments... et voila! Two more cards for the December pile!

You've got until Wednesday evening, January 17th, to join our Jingle Belles' "Wrap It Up" fun, and we hope you will. Hop over now to see Stephanie's card and check out the little prize that one lucky random cardmaker will scoop up!

1 comment:

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~