Saturday, January 13, 2024

Wendy Vecchi's Garden Collection

Sooooooo excited to get my hands on Wendy Vecchi's beautiful Garden Collection from Spellbinders AND it's just arrived at Paper Anthology as well! In this little tag set I've used the Heartfelt Thanks and Scallops Die Set, the Flowers and Foliage 3D Embossing Folder and the amazing 16-die Vintage Florals set. The collection also includes Wendy's Garden Party Stamp and Die Set, which I haven't opened yet, so stay tuned for that!

I didn't sit down for crafty time until quite late last night, but I couldn't wait to make a few little goodies. Since I happened to have a beautiful piece of vintage map sitting on my work table, with white tags and my Wendy Vecchi Archival Inks, that's what I used. Though, in retrospect, the detail of the map means you cannot quiiiiite see all the amazing detail and texture of the Vintage Floral dies, so next time I think I'll go with plain cardstock.


One of my favorite things about Wendy is that she really is an avid cardmaker and papercrafter, so the sets she designs are both beautiful and useable, with amazing attention to scale and combinability... (Is that a word? Well, it should be, lol!) ...by which I mean that everything across the entire collection works together perfectly AND most elements can be used in multiple ways. Since Spellbinders is one of the brand leaders for diecutting, obviously the products are of high quality, work perfectly, and are items I'll reach for again and again! (Case in point: I still have multiple sets of Spellbinders' Nestabilities from several decades ago, which I still use constantly!)

This collection has just arrived at my LSS, Paper Anthology and will be listed on the website this week, or you can email elisabeth@paperanthology.com to reserve your favorites; or better yet stop by and see it IRL. It's also available directly from Spellbinders, too! To see more gorgeous makes, check out Wendy's Instagram or join the Make Art with Wendy Vecchi FaceBook Group!

No comments:

Post a Comment

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~