Thursday, January 25, 2024

Meet Octavia

Octavia is a Baby Octopus who enjoys swimming, and would like to learn how to ride a sea horse someday. With eight arms, she is especially good at giving hugs. Her favorite color is (of course!) purple. 

Octavia is based on this free pattern from The Friendly Red Fox's website, where there are LOTS of free crochet patterns, tips and tutorials, definitely worth checking out. I used a combination of hand-me-down acrylic yarns for this, the purple and white are both Studio Samples by Nicole; the variegated yarn is Wendy Peter Pan from Thomas Ramsden, held together with a strand of the lilac to get a bulkier gauge. 

PS: True Story: When my nephew Matthew was about three he was VERY into sea creatures and  knew a lot about aquatic life. At one point I made reference to an octopus having eight arms, to which Matthew said, very politely, "I think you mean *TENTACLES* Aunt Lauren." ♥♥♥

2 comments:

  1. Love this! Recently I learned how to crochet so I could make amigurumi....and that was purely inspired by all the wonderful projects I've seen on your blog. I've not made anything as delightful as Octavia (and her 8 TENTACLES), but I was able to make some animals for a friend's grandsons whose parents have just split up. So, thank you for sharing your crochet creations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your talents know no bounds. i love seeing your crochet creations

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~