Tuesday, October 25, 2022

SOS482: I Only Have EYES for You!

If you've read the title of this post, you may well have guessed that the assignment this fortnight at Shopping Our Stash is to emphasize the EYES, using googly eyes, or anything that focuses on EYES. You can make one last Halloween card, or branch out into any occasion or idea that catches your fancy. I went with one last Halloween card:


This is quite a triumph of Stash Shopping, in that I don't think there's a single thing less than five or six years old; and the background pumpkin paper (to which I've glued the teeeeeeeeniest variety of googly eyes I've ever encountered; many thanks to my friend Michelle for those!) is probably from about 2010. The journal card is American Crafts, I've added a ghost and speech bubble from a half-sheet of journal cards that no longer had a tear-strip, but it might've been Echo Park? The green plaid mat is Doodlebug, the spider paper is Photoplay. There are a few Eyelet Outlet Mini Spider Brads and some tiny silver Star Sequins.

By the way, if you're looking for a really fun way to stage a Halloween card or anything extra-silly, I highly recommend dumping your entire collection of googly eyes out onto some dark paper and then spending half an hour finding an angle at which you don't have horrible glare off the plastic eyes!!! :)

In the meantime, do be sure to visit SOS and see the EYE-catching projects the team have made to inspire you!

1 comment:

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~