Tuesday, October 11, 2022

SOS 481: Frightfully Delightful

This fortnight at Shopping Our Stash we're embracing all things creepy, kooky, mysterious and spooky. Which is to say, we're creating cards that feature ghosts, monsters, skeletons or other cute but creepy characters; or any other take on Happy Halloween!

Here's a shocking true confession: these adorable bats are from Lawn Fawn's brand new Fangtastic Friends set, which I acquired only last week at Paper Anthology. But... since every other item on this card is at least three or four years old, I decided I could use them anyway, despite their clear non-stashy status. (Ok, ok, kinda cheating, but I was lonnnnnging to color those bats, so it had to be done!) The black chevron paper and white letters are both Doodlebug from... ok I don't know when, but they're not remotely recent, lol. The skinny purple mat is Bo Bunny and even older. The orange Lawn Fawn plaid moon is from the scrap bag; and my Eyelet Outlet Pumpkin, Mini Spider and Witch Hat are from around 2018. 

Creep, crawl, shuffle, shamble or mysteriously materialize over at SOS to see the fabulously, frightfully delightful creations from the rest of the design team!

3 comments:

  1. Fang-tastic for sure!! I love the "punny" inspiration you are offering to those who decide to play along with our new "frightfully delightful" challenge over at SOS!! #SOS481

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card, love those little bats. Great design I love, love, love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok, Lauren, those little bats just stole my heart, they are beyond adorable!!! I love all the details on this card, your layout really show off these cute little critters.
    Love your card.
    Stay healthy and safe.
    XO

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~