Thursday, June 23, 2022

Softly, Softly

Yesterday I showed off three bold, beautiful, brand new shades of Wendy Vecchi Archival Ink from Ranger: Morning Glory, Peachy Keen and Rosey Posey, to be precise. And in fact, today's project shows off exactly the same shades, but this time in pastel mode:


A few weeks ago, I did this fun post on the Ranger Blog, in which I "watercolored" with some of Wendy's Archival Inks using a waterbrush filled with isopropyl alcohol, and I really loved the effect. The only drawback to that process is that if you also stamp the images in Archival Ink, you have to be a bit careful not to smudge the stamped lines. You can use dye or hybrid ink, or you can emboss using a dark shade of Wendy Vecchi Embossing Powder. But then I started wondering about embossing in White EP. Would the Archival colors stain the embossed lines? Would there still be enough contrast to be interesting? Since the answers  to those questions turned out to be, "Just a little bit" and "YES!", respectively, I merrily began "smooshing" each color onto my craft mat in turn, and softly painting the flowers from Wendy's MAKE ART Floral Doodles stamp set. When I got to the leaves I added Prickly Pear to the Morning Glory to get a fun new shade of green; then I took the rest of the smooshed Morning Glory and used it to make a splattery background on my Simon Hurley create. Stark White Cardstock. I finished off with a strip of Wendy's Washi Tape and added dots of shimmery Rosey Posey Liquid Pearls to the flower centers.


I still have one or two ideas for these beautiful new inks, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~