Monday, June 20, 2022

Mandala Monday + ICAD Round Up

Another week has flown past and here are seven little works of index card art to prove it! If you're interested in joining the ICAD fun, it's not too late! Visit Daisy Yellow Art for all the details and (100% optional) prompts or check out the Instagram hashtag #dyicad2022 to see loads of inspiration!

Day 20: (Wo)Mandala Monday
A nattily dressed sewing pattern lady is the star of this show; I used Letter-It Fineliners and Tombow Dual Brush Pens to create the mandala, built around a circle of vintage map, glued to a (repro) library card.

Day 19: Off-Prompt
Showing off my very fancy and specialized ICAD creation tools in this photo. I used scissors, a hole punch, paper scraps, and a Letter-It Fineliner to make funky freeform leaves and berries on a vintage paper scrap, glued to the un-lined side of a neon yellow index card. 

Day 18: Call Me Al
On Friday we had our first Family Art Zoom of the summer season, and while my mom, sister, niece and nephew all did beautiful and sensible takes on various ICAD prompts, I followed a bizarre compulsion to paper-piece a kawaii alligator. :)

Day 17: Mango
I was planning to draw a mango... but... it did not happen, lol; and I'm cool with that!

Day 16: Mix and Match
Pretty sure this prompt was from earlier in the week, but for whatever reason, I chose to do it on this particular day. I mixed and matched offcuts of a couple of watercolors, for a sort of funky quilt-inspired type of thing.

Day 15: Off-Prompt
More hand-cut shapes, with doodles on top and all around. 
This time leafy... with staples!

Day 14: Off-Prompt
It's hard to see what's going on here, and I actually LIKED this more two steps previously, but ICAD is meant to be experimental! I glued (& then sewed) purple patterned paper diamonds to an aqua index card; then added doodles to the patterns AND to all the spaces between. 








No comments:

Post a Comment

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~