Friday, June 3, 2011

JB23: let it sew, let it sew, let it sew!

eagle-eyed JINGLE BELLES who peruse the blog via a reader may have noticed there was a bit of a premature post situation on wednesday afternoon when a certain silly someone (-->ME!<--) in the course of putting the finishing touches on today's post, and being under the (-->INCORRECT!<--) impression she had already set the date for midnight, 6-3-11, hit "publish" and the whole thing went live. embarrassing??!?! ummmmmmm, YEAH! sorry folks, i apologize.

well, anyway, if you got a little bit of a head start then it's all the more reason to come along and PLAY, right? and if not, lemme just say that this week's theme--perhaps quite obviously from my post title--is to incorporate a bit of sewing into our holiday cards. you can hand-stitch, embroider, use the old sewing machine, or even add a bit of faux stitching by pen or rub-ons or... whatever!

here's my card:

(patterned paper: k&co, paper company, core'dinations + vintage sheet music; stickers: stick-o; poinsettia button: michaels; ribbon: american crafts; embroidery floss: dmc; alphabet dies: cuttlebug; adhesives: tombow monorunner, uhu gluestick, sewing machine)

as you can see, i've covered a few bases: there's machine stitching around the perimeter of my card; hand-cranked machine stitching around the "merry"; and i've embroidered a computer font again (using this method) to get "christmas" on there. sew far... sew good, right?!!! :)

and now i cannot wait to see what you will do this week! just remember to link up over at JINGLE BELLES before 6pm next wednesday, so we can come and admire your handiwork! ♥

6 comments:

  1. This is sew pretty and oh sew Lauren-y. I appreciate the time you took to do all this gorgeous stitching. Yeah, I saw the post pop up in blog reader. I was oh sew happy! Once I make my JB card each week, the waiting and anticipation of the next prompt to be announced gives me great anxiety. I don't feel that way about any other challenge blogs. Sew thank you, you gave me a couple of no-anxiety days :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. good grief gorgeous! I love your use of the texty goodness/sheet music on that gorgeous pinky goodness...

    You're so funny about the early posting...I think we've all done that at some point in our blogging life...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hurrah!!! I'm starting right now... get out the sewing machine, Honey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, I've done the same thing (recently too) and cursed the fast feeds! Lovely card, the stitching is AmaZinG!!!

    lisa a.

    ReplyDelete
  5. TOTALLY darling, Lauren! I love the stitching of those super cute letters and I love the combo of papers you used, TOO cute! :)

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~