Thursday, November 18, 2010

heart the art: week 45 (PULL)

for HEART the ART week 45 the prompt was PULL. as you know, i generally try to go with my very first reaction to these, in this case what i thought first was a self-directed bit of helpful instruction! :)

which i followed up with a few words of encouragement (under the removable journaling card), and concrete ways to improve (on the back of the card); here's what those look like when you pull the top bit off (it's on there with a sticky-back velcro dot...i love those things!) :

and thus we are another week closer to the end of 2010...can you believe the weeks are now in SINGLE DIGITS?!?!? no nor can i! but please...DO NOT say "the h word"* to me any time soon, ok?! :)



*by which i mean "holidays"! arrrrrrrrrrrrrgh! now *i've* said it!!! it's lucky i've pulled myself together, isn't it? a lesser woman might well be PANICKING now!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

13 comments:

  1. Yes the dreaded h word! I am trying to avoid it myself but it seems like I have no choice but to address it! ;-). This caught my eye with it's colors and the phrase pull yourself together woman is something I need to tell myself once a month. LOL! great use of the Velcro to remove and share behind the card! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This page is AWESOME!! I love that it has removable parts, genius! LOL@ the "H" word.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fab project!!! Love the bright & fun colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fabulous idea to use a removable card :). The colors are gorgeous and I love the thought behind this project :)!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooooh. So very pretty. It's SOOO Lauren. I love it. Your use of the velcro dots is inspiring. Shame on you for using that "h" word. Bad girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Today I'm came for my Lauren "fix" because I needed some smiles ☺ ☺ ☺
    and lo and behold I got some great affirmations for myself. Love your design..as always SO unique and SO very creative. Thanks for sharing. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, shoot. Now you've done it! :P That 'h' word should be forbidden!
    On the other hand, yup, I totally see where you're coming from on the Pull yourself together thing. I think I need my *own* reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ohmy girl! so fabulous!!! i love this so much. i know...the "h" word is scary! i'm sooo behind, it's crazy! have a fabulous weekend, lauren! *hugs* steph :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. very cool, love your new blog header too; *very* fab!! hope you are well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Who can't associate with this?? I definitely can! Thanks for the humour Lauren ... have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  12. haha I love it! Pull it together Lauren there is only so many weeks till the holiday 2010!! It will be here soon. Those gift bags don't decorate themselves ya know! hehe :) I miss being on here as much. I feel like I'm away from all my blog buds being so busy. It blows. Love the page. It turned out perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  13. love the velcro design! fabulous idea. love this!

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~