Monday, September 16, 2013

deconstructing the stapled collage

today i have the very great honor of being tammy's guest hostess for the daily paper prompt on the daisy yellow art blog, and i hope you'll come and visit me over there! my topic is the thing i've been obsessed with all summer long: the stapled collage! i'm showing a brand new example, plus a few old ones. my intention was to photograph my "process" of composing the layers of the collage, but it turns out i work waaaaaaay too amorphously for that idea to be successful. who knew, lol?! so instead, i just did my thing, but stopped at the crucial point after i was happy with my composition, but before i had attached anything. and then i worked backwards and photoed each layer, so you could see the sequence... only, in reverse! not to worry, i have no plans to make a habit of this sort of thing, but i confess it was kind of fun, just this once. :)


















would you like to see the "official" finished product? it's pretty similar to the first photo up top, but there's a much nicer picture if you hop on over to the daisy yellow blog! see you there, darlings! ♥♥♥

5 comments:

  1. My head, it spins. So. Many. Layers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just came over from Tammy's blog... I LOVE your stapled collage and you definitely inspired me! (Read the comment I left you there...) I also like the 'collage in reverse' you show here on your blog. Thanks for this wonderful prompt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your construction, aesthetic, and color theme on your collages are very, VERY appealing. Not often do I become passionate about work, but yours is very good. I really love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Lauren - thanks for your sweet comment just now... I indeed made a 'stapled collage' and had a lot of fun with it! I plan on showing the page on my blog next Monday (Sept. 23) Hope you stop by to take a look at it then... see ya, enjoy your day/weekend - because it's nearly that, isn't it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was cool. I love seeing progression/reconstruction type photos like this. Neato! :)

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~