Friday, September 20, 2013

this one's even vintagier!*

by "this one" i mean my latest card for our vintage-style christmas card prompt at ♥JINGLE BELLES♥ and by "vintagier" i mean that it has even more awesome elements than the one i made last week. want to see? please note: you're welcome to say no, obviously; but such a course kind of messes up the rest of my plan for this post, which revolves around your having seen the card. no pressure, though... :)

ok, so here's the card!

(vintage bits: ideals magazine page + doily; patterned paper: daisy d's and pink paislee; gold and vellum poinsettia: prima; gold press on sentiment: best creation; adhesives: scotch gluestick, staples brand gluetape runner, low temp hot glue, sewing machine)
the background is part of a page from an old christmas "ideals" magazine. i was lucky enough to be given a pile of these when my uncle's mother died a few years ago, and i am utterly in love with their funky charm! the illustrations are probably my favorite part. these little bunnies were actually at the bottom of a page from which i had already cut a larger and more prominent element, and it was frankly hard to see *HOW* i would use the oddly shaped bit that remained, but i couldn't bear to throw them away. this week i found them again and was STILL puzzled how i could use 'em... until... i saw sweet sunday sketch #193, and everything fell into place!


and now i think you should head over to ♥JINGLE BELLES♥ because stephanie's card is to die for!!! oh yeah, and you could link up to win a fabulous prize, as well, which is always nice, too! ♥

*yep. i've OFFICIALLY run out of good blog post titles. hoping for a weekend special at big lots. :) :) :)

4 comments:

  1. WOW!!! this is stunningly over the top vintage :)

    i hope to play along but i am swamped with DT work...... work first then play just isn't fun all the time!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, first of all, for the record, "this one's even vintagier" is a good blog post title....no, actually it's a great blog post title and I know this 'cause I snickered when I read it.

    Second of all, absolutely fabulous card! The colours are lovely, and I'm oh so glad you didn't pitch the little bunnies 'cause they are way to sweet to suffer a fate like that. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exactly what Jan said - I totally giggled. And then I laughed when you said you were looking for a special at Big Lots. *snortle* Good grief, and the saying no to seeing the card....stahp, I'm gonna pee!
    LOVE every single perfect element you've used - I made 2 cards this morning, and one of them has one of those gorgeous doilies on it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love making Christmas cards like this and then I always try to stuff in them in something to mail them and realize I'm going to have to include them in a box. haha :) Will it fit into an envelope?

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~