Tuesday, September 10, 2013

did somebody say, "technique"?!

as you know, i'm generally a technique-free zone, but when shopping our stash asks me to show my favorite stampy one, of course i have to have a go! so i decided to make with a little emboss/resist. like this:

(stamp: judikins; embossing ink and powder: psx; inks for coloring: colorbox, ranger, tombow; bag + tissue paper: michaels; lace and leaves from my stash)

i used an extra large backgound stamp, and colored it in with a mixture of chalk inks, distress inks, and a few marker highlights. i based the color palette on this giant velvet prima bloom. here's a closer look:


if you'd like to see some other awesome stampy techniques... or show off one of your own... why not hop over to shopping our stash for inspiration galore?! see you there, darlings! :)

6 comments:

  1. Whoa, totally different than what I did, and WAY fussier (naturally). LOVE the look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wowza...I totally thought that was patterned paper! awesome altered bag! Love that big bloom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GORGEOUS!!!!!!!! I want that bag!!!! Your decorated it to perfection and love the looks of the beautiful flower. So lovely!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to touch it. A lot. Absolutely gorgeous, Lauren!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! I love this! What a great technique! This will make a gift all by itself!
    Blessings,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool :) The bag turned out so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~