Friday, May 27, 2011

JB22: we three kings

happy friday everyone! this week's prompt over at jingle belles, WE THREE KINGS, invites us to use three or more different patterned papers in our design. do i even need to tell you this was right up my street??! more on that in a minute, but first, the really exciting news: we've got a sweet little prize this week for a random card-maker, courtesy of our lovely sponsor NIKKI SIVILS SCRAPBOOKER!



yes, there's a gorgeous nikki sivils 6x6 holiday paper pad and LOADS of awesome stickers, and one lucky cardmaker is going to be randomly selected to win! plus, this week we have very special and very lovely guest star, julie tucker-wolek! so we're reallllllllly excited and we hope you'll head over and say "HI" to her!

ok, so now, my card: you know i ♥LOVE♥ combining loads of patterns, and often use holiday items with regular stash to stretch my crafty budget. i'm pretty excited this time, though, because i think my card might just be a new record for me: i've got SEVENTEEN (17!!!) different papers on this baby! can i get a "WOOHOO"?! :)

here's the reason i was able to pull this off... it just so happens i was cruising the round up of sketches on allison fillo's blog, stampin' when i can, and the very first thing i saw was this week's waltzing mouse sketch, by edna morrisedie:


could there *BE* a more perfect sketch for combining patterns? i think not! i was able to use mostly scraps, as well, which is always a good thing, right?! here's my card:


(patterned papers: basic grey, sweetwater, daisy d's, anna griffin, dcwv, k&co, love elsie, we r memory keepers, making memories, cosmo cricket, creative imaginations, doodlebug; cardstock sentiment sticker: little yellow bicycle; holly sticker & ribbon: michaels; ink: colorbox)


ok, so you will probably *NOT* combine 17 different papers to make your card... or heck, maybe you will! maybe you'll beat my record and use 18?! but you only need THREE to play along with us, so head on over to JINGLE BELLES and check it out before 6pm next wednesday, june 1st! ♥

10 comments:

  1. you ROCKED this girl :)

    i am 3 weeks behind now, hope to play along this week. perhaps i will just combine all my make up ones with this week and cheat! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your card - the WMSC sketch this week is perfect for using scraps!! I love the way all your papers tone - looks absolutely brilliant!

    Now off to think about my idea for the week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 17? You crack me up. Although... I could totally see that as a quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is a fabulous card ... great challenge to Miss L ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very much a NOT LAUREN card, but more a LESLIE card. I'm ... speechless. WHERE IS THE BLING? WHERE IS THE FLUFF?!?! Who took Lauren and when will she be back!?! :):):):)

    Other than that, I think this is genius. I cannot wait to play this weekend with my HOARD of papers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seventeen papers, huh! Only you would think of doing that and have it turn out soooo gorgeous! I think I need to take a try at this myself, but not using seventeen or even seven papers... maybe six!!!
    Your card is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome to use so many different papers! But what's really great is that by using the same basic colors you unified everything into a great card. I'm going to scraplift!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 17?!!!!! You rock my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sevenfreakingteen?!?! Holy cow! Plus, they are quite ingeniously placed... I would NEVER have guess you'd used products from so many different lines!
    *thud*

    ReplyDelete
  10. That card is amazing. I love when you have old pp mixed in with others. I'm really loving that sketch too. I must drag myself to my desk today and try to get a card done or two.

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~