Monday, May 30, 2011

hello ST--remember me??!

ok, YEAH, it's been farrrrrrrrrrr too long since i've partaken in the wonderful weekly revels over at sketchy thursdays, but finally here i am and i couldn't be happier. because for one thing this week's sketch (devised & presented by miss heidi) is FAB*U*LOUS, see?!

and thus it was merely the work of moments-- (ok, well, probably 60 of them, lol!) --to make a card i totally LOVE:

(patterned paper: tim holtz, prima, pink paislee, cosmo cricket, basic grey; eiffel tower tag: k&co; floral & chipboard alphas: recollections; leaves, charm and (partial) pearl flourish: prima; rub-on: american crafts; inks: ranger; adhesives: tombow monorunner, uhu gluestick, 3m foam tape, sewing machine)



i stuck pretty faithfully to the sketch. i swapped the two square photos for one rectangular tag, and i compressed everything a bit, but other than that, it's all there-- well heck, how could i improve it right?!

so if you have a chance between now and wednesday night, why not swing on by the sketchy thursdays blog and test drive this baby? ...you can thank me later... ;)

14 comments:

  1. gorgeous...so very dreamy...love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see why you love it ... it really is a beauty ... love the look of the TH papers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every time I look at your blog, I know I will either be greatly inspired by your creations or rolling on the floor with laughter because of your silly photos. Today it's the first scenario. I am overwhelmed by the leaves, tag and bling. LOVE, LOVE this card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card! Great interpretation of the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your use of the sketch on a card, it's fab :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Классная открытка! Напоминание о Париже.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lauren.. It has been a very very long time since my last comment here.. No excuses... Just a bit busy... I usually have a look every day, but...well...as I say.. no excuses...

    Great take on the sketch on this card and your color combo is stunning as ever... Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ST (and me) has missed you TONS, my girl! :) I feel I am so far behind on all the things I want to do, too. Glad you played with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card! How can it not be and be so Paris! I really love how you converted it into the sketch. Hey did you get my email? Just wondering. Hope so! :) I've been unable to post for eons..

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh wow, lovely Paris!!! so so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love love love love this!!! Ohhhhhhhh the Eiffel Tower... *sigh* love!! Thanks sooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous!!! WOW! Thanks for playing with us at Sketchy Thursdays!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love how you used the sketch for the card...gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays this week.

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~