Friday, May 13, 2011

JB20: jolly (& lucky!) old saint nicholas

hello and HAPPY FRIDAY THE 13th! or should i say a belated... happy friday the 13th since, like everyone else on the internet, i was battling a blogger outage both here and at JINGLE BELLES. at JB i only had to re-post 2 entries; here in the laurniverse my finished and scheduled post actually disappeared! yikes. i guess we should remember how lucky we are to HAVE all of this technology, how cool that much of it is FREE, and how well it works most of the time, right?!* right! moving on!

this week's prompt, is "JOLLY" because we're featuring images of santa on our cards, and "LUCKY" because we'll be randomly awarding a future "lovely guest star" spot to one cardmaker! she (or he!) will be allowed to set her (or his!) own prompt if she'd (or he'd!) like... OR... could opt to just "guest design" without the pressure of thinking up a theme. so if you've been longing to come along and hang out with us, go make a santa card, ok?! we'd LOVE to have you!!!

here's my card:

(patterned paper: dcwv, sei; santa journaling card: echo park; frame: making memories; small stickers: creative imaginations; chipboard circle: gin-x; rub-on tree: hambly; flowers: heidi swapp and unknown; adhesives: tombow monorunner, 3m foam tape, sewing machine)


i am loving that i used up a lot of LITTLE things on this card, in fact there are THIRTEEN embellies in honor of the day. can you spot them? well, there's the cute santa journaling card of course (leftover from the november pixie dust kit, SNOWSHOE!); the ancient plastic frame (that i still love, actually); 3 flowers; 6 tiny holiday stickers; a chipboard circle; and one hot pink rub-on christmas tree! woohoo!

cannot wait to see what YOU will do, and good luck!!!!!!! ♥♥♥


*having said that... secretly, i'm still slightly miffed!!! sorry, mister blogger, i do love you, but yesterday and today you were A PIP!!!!!!!! (k, i'm done now!) :)

15 comments:

  1. Lovely card .. fully agree with you too ... email me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute Christmas card and I love the color scheme. I may have to use your card as my inspiration this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great inspiration... if I can get everything done for the birthday party after my garage sale closes tomorrow, I may try this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh soooooo CUTE...blogger...grrr.

    ReplyDelete
  5. super cute :)

    lol funny how we are "lost" without blogger! i must look back to the time when i was young and happy with only black and white tv and a transistor radio that only had am!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the modern look to your Jolly Santa card - such fun. I can't believe you managed to use 13 embellishments!!

    And I'm so pleased Blogger is back!! Fortunately, I didn't lose anything.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a fun and happy card. The colors are so nice. I wouldn't have guessed the 13 embellishments. If someone told me to put 13 embellishments on a card...I am sure I would panic, but here it resulted in a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute Christmas card! I too was totally in annoyance over Blogger, but it ended up putting back every one of my posts. So that was good. I have no idea what I'm going to do with this prompt! I have some of that ancient pp from J's.hehe I do love this card. I have to get my cards on the flickr group. I keep forgetting. Hope you are having a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is just gorgeous! Can't wait to get going with mine. thanks for the great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful....a great result...

    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving this challenge, I have so many to catch up with the Jingle Belles and I fully intend to do all of them. Your card is fantastic, I love the happy, fun vibe of it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute and GORGEOUS!! I love the non traditional and vibrant colors. Your card is breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so awesome! I love the contemporary look and the pink tree! Too, too fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~