Monday, September 21, 2026

A New Use for Coloring Books

What's Black and White and super-swirly all over? Today's Mandala Monday Journal Page. Recently, I've been given several absolutely gorgeous adult coloring books with all-over or repeating patterns, and my new favorite thing to do with them is cut out the identical black and white shapes, then build them into mandala designs; like this:
   

I strongly wish I had photographed the constituent  pieces before I started so you could instantly see what is what... but, alas... I didn't do that, so I'll just list the parts of which this mandala consists: 

The large circle with spokes which I cut about 70/30 and paced at opposite ends
Medium flower in the center of the circle
Black enamel hearts inside the spokes
Crocus-like flowers studding the edges of the large circles
Tiny half circles and rub-on flowers between the crocus flowers
Butterflies placed outside the crocus flowers
Dots between butterfly antennae
and finally
Charcoal grey marker shadows around the outer edges

I had a lot of fun composing and building this mandala, so I'm pretty confident this will be the first of a continuing series! Meanwhile I wish you a very happy first full week of autumn here in the Northern Hemisphere; or spring if you're in the Southern Hemisphere.

No comments:

Post a Comment

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~