Tuesday, April 25, 2023

SOS495: Fold It Up!

It's a fun and creative challenge this fortnight at Shopping Our Stash. For "Fold It Up" we'd like you to create a card that features a non-standard Fun Fold design (easel card, gatefold, stair step, side step, trifold, etc) OR a card with interactive elements (shaker, mechanical, spinner... you get the idea...) If you need inspiration or tutorials to get you started, check out This Pinterest Page! Being emphatically NOT an engineer myself, I usually make a shaker card on these occasions; but when I clicked the link in the last sentence I stumbled upon something called an Angled Gatefold and it's funky design called to me. Ok, yeah... and the fact that I realized I could basically wing it and not do lots of measuring and things helped too. So here's what I made:


Two of my favorite kiddos who happen to be siblings both have birthdays in April, so I generally mail their presents and cards at the same time. It's not like they HAVE TO coordinate, but if I can swing it, I always think it's a bit more fun. I broke out some of my all-time favorite, well-hoarded, classic Basic Grey papers (from Skate Shoppe, Lollipop Shoppe and Out of Print) to make the cards, then a bellyband for each in a coordinating pattern, and finally a fussy-cut motif to be the focal point. Often I'm fairly lazy about decorating the insides of cards, but having used double-sided cardstock for the bases, they were kind of half done already, so I printed appropriately punny sentiments and called it a day.


I'm joining Inspire.Create.Challenges #141: Fancy Folds, you should check it out because the DT cards are very inspiring! Then, head over to Shopping Our Stash to see what the rest of the Crew have made and start thinking what YOU will link up with us this time!

3 comments:

  1. A clever fold and gorgeous papers. I think the kiddos will enjoy the belly bands. I'm not a fan of measuring myself, it's never very accurate. 😆

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it...a formal and a fun take on the same fancy fold!! Way to go shopping your stash!! These two cards fantastic inspiration for those who decide to play along with our "FOLD IT UP" challenge for at Shopping Our Stash!! #SOS495

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these cards!! That paper is gorgeous!! Thanks for joining us at Inspire.Create!!

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~