Tuesday, April 11, 2023

SOS494: April Showers

For the brand new challenge at Shopping Our Stash, we're creating cards that features a *Shower* element: Rain, an umbrella, a rainbow, clouds, puddles... OR you can go with a Baby Shower or Wedding Shower card. I used it as an excuse to break out my Lawn Fawn Rainy Day Bears stamp set from Paper Anthology, which is one of my favorites to color.

I've only had the bears for a year or two, so they're not super-stashy, but for this card I've also added some older Lawn Fawn Cloud paper, as well as ancient Basic Grey not-quite-solid blue background. I broke out my old-school Martha Stewart Grass border punch, too, and of course my Tombow Dual Brush Pens and Prismacolor Pencils are long-term, reliable friends; as is the trusty 1970's Sears Kenmore sewing machine (inherited from my Mom Mom) which I used to add a little extra texture around the edges.

I hope you'll head over to SOS to see what flashy, splashy creations the Crew have made to inspire YOU!

3 comments:

  1. Adorable!! Rainy days are for cute boots and jumping in puddles!! What great inspiration for those who decide to play along with our "April Showers" challenge over at Shopping Our Stash!! Way to go shopping your stash...those papers are fantastic!! #SOS494

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those yellow macs! Your card is so bright and cheerful and a gorgeous background too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute, super sweet critters in their perfectly coloured slickers. Awesome card,

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~