Friday, April 21, 2023

Holiday Leftovers

No, I'm not talking about the ham salad and deviled eggs we all enjoyed after Easter, but the new Jingle Belles challenge, for which we'd like to see put to use those stamped images you colored but didn't use; the diecuts that were surplus to requirements; those last three stickers in the pack you've had for a couple of years. In short, we're gathering up our CRAFTY leftovers and seeing what we can make with them. Here's a little pile I started out with:


Ok so obviously even I could not fit ALL of that on one card, but I knew for sure I wanted to paper piece the Lawn Fawn Car Critters probably in a little "landscape" on a blue shape (heart or circle?) with snowy hills and then maybe add an ancient chipboard sentiment and some rhinestone snowflakes? Well... some of that happened...


I used Sketch Saturday #723 to guide my placement of images, which definitely helped me narrow down the choices! I was really taken by the cool combination of shapes in the lower lefthand corner, so I chose to focus the design elements there. I did combine several of the cars, I inset the blue circle into the larger blue panel and I found a scrap of tree paper that coordinated with one of my leftover punched trees. I decided the chipboard was just a little too big, so I stamped one of the sentiments that came in the Car Critters Add-On stamps set, matted the strips and added them to the top right. Eyelet Outlet Enamel Hearts are always a nice addition, imo, so I finished off with a couple in bold red.


I hope you'll hop over to Jingle Belles to see Stephanie's gorgeous card and then start gathering up a few of your crafty leftovers and see what you can make!

2 comments:

  1. What an adorably cute way to use your leftovers, they worked perfectly for our sketch!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Sketch Saturday!
    Diane SS DT
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Sketch Saturday}

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~