Tuesday, May 10, 2022

SOS470: The Power of Pastels

Let me ask you this: When you find a particular patterned paper you really love, how many pieces do you buy? I generally grab two. One to use, one to hoard, lol. In this case, the paper in question is from 49 and Market's Vintage Artistry in Color collection, and I used one piece to make my card and one piece as a backdrop for the photo.


Most of the time, you don't actually need an entire 12x12 sheet to make a 6.5" card; but in this case, the flowers were out at the edges of the paper, so whichever bit I chose, I'd only have two or three blooms. Since I wanted LOTS, I decided to cut out ALL of the flowers and layer them onto the center of my card. So that's what I did. This paper is only a year or so old, so it might not seem like the perfect choice for Shopping Our Stash's new challenge, "The Power of Pastels", but I've also used a Ciao Bella sheet from 2019, some little white flowers from several years ago, and some Prima vellum butterfly stickers and tiny tan flowers from... well, they're old enough that I'm not actually sure how old they are, which is pretty "stashy", right?


There are lots more powerful pastels over at SOS, so I hope you'll take a trip over there for a bit of inspiration, then start thinking what you'll link up with us this fortnight!

3 comments:

  1. Way to go shopping your stash and inspiring those who decide to play along with our "Power of Pastels" challenge over at SOS!! I love that you cut out and layered all those flowers...beautifully done!! All the pieces and parts you included make for a super fantastic card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always a beautifully layered floral card, the papers are pretty and perfect for the pastel theme

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm surprised you dared to cut this at all but wow, love the flowers and you've created a special, sumptuous card by layering them all up. Beautiful. x

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~